The ultimate eph you to the company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate eph you to the company

A jet carrying 180 British tourists was grounded when its pilot announced: 'Do not fly with this plane, it is not safe.' The incredible announcement came as the plane, about to take off back to Bristol Airport from Turkey, made a strange sound

A jet carrying 180 British tourists was grounded when its pilot announced: "Do not fly with this plane, it is not safe."

The holidaymakers were about to take off back to Bristol Airport from Antalya, Turkey, when a strange sound came from the Airbus A321's engines.

Then the captain announced: "I am resigning from my job. Do not fly with this plane. It is not safe. Do not fly with Onur Air."

The unnamed pilot walked off the aircraft, leaving the passengers in 38C heat without air conditioning.

They were eventually told to leave the aircraft, retrieve their luggage and go back to the terminal, where an alternative flight was arranged. Passenger Jade Barrett, said: "The pilot made his announcement and then walked off the plane. Some people started laughing nervously but others were crying and almost screaming.

"Everyone was terrified and we did not know what was happening but in the end they told us to get off the plane."

Up to 20 of the passengers were so scared they refused to board the replacement and tried to find other flights home.

A spokesman for Goldtrail, the company which chartered last week's flight, said: "The employee in question was serving his notice. There was a problem between him and the airline and he turned it into a bigger problem."

Onur Air, 'nuff said.

Comment

Looks likes he picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue! Hehehehehehehehehehehe.

I've heard of being unhappy with the inflight meals, but this is a bit extreme.........WOW!!

All joking aside, this sounds like a very seriuos matter and much cause for concern as I have heard and read some prettu scarry stuff concerning Onur Air, hope it all gets worked out.

Michael
      Dacman
      LAX/LGB Local
      What? I didn't see a "No Airliner Photography Allowed" sign!

Comment

They should have been releived. Better he told them on the ground than in the air.

Comment

Ahh just when everyone thought that Onur had improved!

Comment

I suppose he should be given credit for not shutting down the engine on takeoff and flying all the way home
            ________
            Oxygen Vaporizer

Comment

As he is the Captain he is responsible to depart with a serviceable and safe airplane (regardless of the airline).

Being a dumb sh-t and making this announcement was unprofessional. He could have just told the pax they had a mechanical problem and they weren't going with that acft. He could have then walked off and quit.

Comment

on the positive side
                on a more serious note, I go along with Dale.
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what's wrong with Onur air? I can't find much online about crashes they've had. Are they just run really bad?

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what's wrong with Onur air? I can't find much online about crashes they've had. Are they just run really bad?
                    As far as I know Onur haven't had any majour crashes. Onur were banned from Holland for a few weeks (I think) due to not maintaining aircraft which had caused a few incidents!

[photoid=104168]
                    [photoid=295829]

They were constantly getting hit with majour delays. Anyway everybody thought they had improved after changing the company around with new liverys etc.

Comment

Yeah, because a new livery fixes everything.

Comment

It fixes the negative image an airline has after a crash. Just ask Helios Air aka whatever their new name is that I can't remember right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                          It fixes the negative image an airline has after a crash. Just ask Helios Air aka whatever their new name is that I can't remember right now.
                          Another example is Valujet which adopted the AirTran name for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I guess if he was going to quit anyway, what a way to do it. But on another not, he is still stupid for doing this as I doubt any airline will hire him after this stunt.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                          X