No announcement yet.

"Lufthansa 454 we're going around".....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lufthansa 454 we're going around".....

I was sitting on my *ss in the truck last thursday,,,watching a/c.....filming through the window and listening to the scanner,,,,I didn't really realize how high this 744 was....excuse the bad film angle and shaky'ness...but I wanted to get the audio....on tape....but this is something that I don't see that often. As a side note, Cathay Pacific did the same thing about 1-hour later, but due to other aircraft...I'll upload that one later too. No big, but thought I'd share.....(filmed from the Millbrae BART parking garage- top floor)

SJC Alien

Cool hearing the audio on that. I didn't hear too much of a German accent on that pilot.

Comment

Correct me if I heard it wrong. Did the controller from Approach asked the flight the contact Departure after the go-around? So a plane going around would be treated same way as a departing flight?
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
        Correct me if I heard it wrong. Did the controller from Approach asked the flight the contact Departure after the go-around? So a plane going around would be treated same way as a departing flight?
        The departure controller has to work them back into the airport. Tower can't just keep them in "the pattern". Especially if the airport is busy.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Nice video, Tom. Looking forward to seeing the Cathay as well. Please post a link here when you get it uploaded!
          Trump is an idiot!
          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Nice video. I've been spending a lot of time at night spotting from the Bart Parking garage. Too bad there are so many of those damn powerlines or the spot would be perfect. But at night they don't really show up, so its a good place to practice long exposures.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Video

thanks to all..

1) yes, ATC has to hand them off to NORCAL for traffic seperation..ie: that is why they switch freq when approaching SFO airspace, for landing/departure traffic...etc....
              2) yes, the BART garage is good, but the power lines def kill it.....though when the 19's are in use during winter, proper camera aim can get some good stuff...otherwise, it's great for just watching.......
              3) I understood the LH flight, but there was less talk on the scanner - though the Cathay I am going to post in a few, is not as good.....I may need you guys to help discern what was said,, I try to keep the volume 'just right' as not to over do it, but then the wind, jet noise, and camera panning diminishes the audio..but thanks
              ..look for the Cathay film in a few minutes
              SJC Alien

Comment

My favorite thing to do at the parking garage is go and watch the Kittyhawk 722 depart just after dark. It usually goes off of 1R and sets off car alarms. I just realised I went down to the bayfront last thursday after my football game in the evening and the LH A346 from Munich had to do a go around because he was catching up to the Skywest CRJ7 ahead of him far too quickly. How about that? Both LH arrivals having to go around that day.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Sfo Lh

....Right on, Crunk - 2 LH in one day on the g/a is very rare indeed............

Alien

Comment

Working...
                  X