Introducing Silverjet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Silverjet...

A new luxury, all-business class transatlantic airline between Luton Airport in Bedfordshire and the USA could be in the air by December.

Silverjet said plans to secure a Boeing 767 to begin flights to Newark airport near New York are well advanced.

The company added it will be securing two more Boeing 767s for next year.

The service aims to emulate the success of business-class services Eos and Maxjet which fly to the USA out of Stansted in Essex.

After a slow start, passenger numbers on Eos and Maxjet have improved, and Maxjet has just announced it will be starting flights to Las Vegas in November, in addition to its services to New York and Washington DC.

Silverjet flights, all with flat beds, will be competition to carriers such as British Airways and Virgin, which offer a mixture of economy, business and first-class seats.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/5375742.stm
    I have a mixed reaction to this news -

I like the idea of competition, and all that comes with it (lower prices and possibly better incentives) and possibly expansion to new markets... but I am a bit concerned that the market is quickly getting oversaturated. This may simply harm such a new and developing market. I think that this has some serious potential, but what will come out is only for us to wait and see. I wonder from whom and what types of 767s they will be getting? I assume that 762s will suit them well and are in bountyfull supply...
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Welll, good luck, LTN is so far out of the way fro most LON-bound travellers they'll likely have to offer rather low prices to entice buusiness travelers to choose LTN and a long train/bus trip over landing directly in LHR, or even LGW.

Comment

They are going to be using some of TOM's 767-204/ER's. Presumably G-BYAA and G-BYAB?
      E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

LTN has also a sound catchment area, starting with the Vauxhall car factories and the associated sub-contractors gravitating around.
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
        X