Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

747 crashes caused by Cargo Doors (PA 103, TWA 800), instead of other problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 747 crashes caused by Cargo Doors (PA 103, TWA 800), instead of other problems?

1)I was doing one of my favorite things (Googling) and I ran across what must be a conspiracy theory but has anyone heard / read / have any input on this? The author is convinced that a bomb didn't bring down Pan Am 103 and a spark in an empty fuel tank didn't doom TWA 800. He states that the large front cargo door failed and caused the ac to crash.

Have you heard this before? Could it be? After all, these planes did have lots of time / cycles on them.

http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/w...ht-800&P=39212

------------
    2)Another possible accident "Conspiracy Theory": What about the Arrow Air Flight 1285 DC-8 that crashed in Gander, NF? This site mentions some sort of Soviet "weapon" dooming the plane. This is some scary sci-fi sheeat, if it's true. http://www.cheniere.org/books/gravitobiology/dc8.htm

In both cases all cargo door locks were found in place.

Comment

That guy dosent know what he is talking about.
      BH Airlines A319

Comment

There are accidents caused by cargo doors opening mid-flight all right (AA DC10, Turkish DC10, UA 747-200, etc.), but TWA 800 and PA 103 were not one of those. The evidence for both cases are pretty convincing.

For TWA 800, there are actually two other cases, a Philippine Airlines 737-300 and a Thai 737-400 which suffered the same fuel tank explosion. Those two are lucky since the aircraft were still on ground when the tanks exploded, so fatalities are minimal (unfortunately not zero) and evidence are well preserved for those two to prove this kind of danger exists. Thus the TWA 800 fuel tank theory is definitely not something that cannot happen, and I don't see why Boeing would cover up one flaw (cargo door, if that's the case) using another flaw (fuel tank) which are equally bad.
        Next:
        None Planned

Comment

Thanks. Kind of what I figured. The CT (Conspiracy Theorist) did state that the doors were locked but they still blew out (something about "bent cams").

---

What about Arrow Air? I've heard from many sources that the US went in quickly to bulldoze the site. Also the Cdn. inspectors were split on a cause. Half stated it was a mechanical issue that caused a stall and half stated it was an inflight, interior fire.

Comment

Im not terribly farmiliar with the particulars of TWA 800, and am only marginally moreso on PA 103, but seeing as it came from a conspiracy theorist I don't buy it (the only conspiracy I buy into is the assasination of JFK).

Comment

I watched a show on National Geographic channel [Seconds Before Disaster] and they had all major air disasters and on TWA#800 fuel tank was the cause of the crash not cargo door.
              BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by Asmir Hamidovic
                I watched a show on National Geographic channel [Seconds Before Disaster] and they had all major air disasters and on TWA#800 fuel tank was the cause of the crash not cargo door.
                Yes, I saw the same program. Most of these conspiracy theories are crap.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                X