Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about EK A380 services

Sorry just a quick question.

Is it likely that EK will operate the A380 to Melbourne? I understand that they're keen on adding a 3rd daily flight however if they do will one of those 3 flights be A380 or will there be no need due to the extra capacity from the 3rd flight?

http://www.emirates.com/au/ekschedul...tschedules.asp i did a quick search from Dubai to Melbourne and it said that they will be operating 777s and A343s. now it only goes to march of '08 so they might add it later but it is probably unlikely that they will take the A380 to MEL. but i've been wrong before.

-Chris

Comment

I dont think the A380s have been fully added in yet. Remember that they have 55 on order, so it is likely we will see them in a variety of places.

Comment

EK will fly the A380 to MEL longterm, no doubt. But for the forseeable future, there are other more important markets for EK's A380s, especially LHR, SYD and JFK, which should see the first A380s. In the second wave, I'd expect MEL, BOM and DEL.

Comment

When is EK planning to get their A380s again?

Comment

Originally posted by Qantas743
            When is EK planning to get their A380s again?
            first a/c 2008. They have 3 seating plans. A low density 457 seat, low density 519 seat and high density 644 seat. They are probably going to use the 457 seat or 519 seat config. for Oceania. The 644 seat cnfig. would probably be used for South-west asia routes. Thats what i think.

Comment

WOOHOO!!

Stumbles accross this article from 2 days ago! Sydney AND Melbourne will be among the 1st destinations to get the A380 in late 2009 or early 2010.
              http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Qantas743
                WOOHOO!!

Stumbles accross this article from 2 days ago! Sydney AND Melbourne will be among the 1st destinations to get the A380 in late 2009 or early 2010.
                http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html
                Woohoo
                SIA will operate the first revenue A380 flight from Singapore Changi - Sydney Kingsford Smith

Comment

Originally posted by hansonator69
                  Woohoo
                  SIA will operate the first revenue A380 flight from Singapore Changi - Sydney Kingsford Smith

I love this little game between MEL and SYD! Imagine how jealous the other cities must be!!

Btw, 1st QF revenue flight = MEL-LAX!

Comment

Qantas743, where are you from?
                    I'm from Melbourne

Comment

Originally posted by hansonator69
                      Qantas743, where are you from?
                      I'm from Melbourne
                      Caulfield. You?

Comment

Southbank close to South Melbourne

Comment

Anymore from Melbourne?

I'm from Mill Park

Comment

Another here, but not telling where i'm from!

Back on topic. The runway widening at MEL was paid for by airlines planning to use the A380 into Melbourne, and EK was one of them so is pretty much a given they will be here at some stage.

Comment

I can't see MH, SQ or TG doing A380 here anytime soon.

I'm hoping once some A380s come online, MH and SQ will change some of their flights from 777s to 747s. It's a shame there will only be 2 or 3 747 flights left in MEL within a few years (UA, possibly SQ and QF025). There should be a nice mix of large a/c, not just A380s and 777s! Same applies to no more A340s in MEL once EK replace the flight. Don't get me wrong, I am dying for A380s to come here but some of the current 777 carriers should go 747.

Comment

Working...
                              X