No announcement yet.

WN to Borrow $500 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So have we gotten any confirmation as to what the loan was for?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
      So have we gotten any confirmation as to what the loan was for?
      Nope.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Hmm if they took over AS it would make my decision of who to intern and hopefully work with come October much easier. (I'm 80% WN 20% AS at this point).
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
          Hmm if they took over AS it would make my decision of who to intern and hopefully work with come October much easier. (I'm 80% WN 20% AS at this point).
          I would go with WN and not just because I'm biased. WN is widely known as the more successful airline, and better in business overall. The corporate culture is incredible! Would AS let you wear shorts or jeans to work every day?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
            I would go with WN and not just because I'm biased. WN is widely known as the more successful airline, and better in business overall. The corporate culture is incredible! Would AS let you wear shorts or jeans to work every day?
            I'm not sure would even want Chasen to come to work in shorts .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              I'm not sure would even want Chasen to come to work in shorts .
              I don't know Chasen, but there's some pretty strange characters at WN. Regardless of his lifestyle, I'm sure he'd fit right in.

Comment

Eh, I guess I could potentialy poke an eye out if I was wearing shorts. WN is probably where I'm going to end up, granted they don't end up hating me. Haven't met the WN CS agents yet, but every other airlines employees seemed to like me a lot, I'm the only person in the class that even got a buisness card, and I got them from 5 of the 6 airlines we talked with. The head of the contract company that opperates for a bunch of international airlines even offered me an internship in Weight and balance with Phillippine Airlines. When I didn't seem interested, he actually begged me saying I could take Qantas or Air Newzealand instead. Scarry thought.

As far as a WN/AS merger, how would that work? The way the airlines are run are too different(Boarding/Seating layout/culture/atmosphere/ect.)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  As far as a WN/AS merger, how would that work? The way the airlines are run are too different(Boarding/Seating layout/culture/atmosphere/ect.)
                  I didn't say "merger." What if WN bought them out like they did with Morris Air and Muse Air? Then they change the AS system over to the WN way of doing things. Of course it wouldn't be a quick or easy process.

Comment

Yeah, I could see AS opperating seperately but being fully owned by WN. I guess if they ever sold them off down the road, they could take the aircraft they wanted(like with Morris Air) and sell off everything else(like what they did with Muse Air/Transtar's assets).
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X