U.S.Air Single Operating Cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S.Air Single Operating Cert

US Airways granted single operating certificate.

FAA granted Phoenix-based US Airways a single operating certificate, officially cementing as one entity the carrier created in September 2005 when America West Airlines acquired the assets of the former US Airways, which was enduring its second bankruptcy in three years. "This is a very important milestone, reflecting two years of hard work combining and refining two sets of policies, procedures, manuals, checklists and computer systems for virtually every area of the airline," US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker said. "Achieving an integration of this magnitude in just 24 months is
    unheard of in the airline industry and a fantastic result."

Work toward a single certificate began shortly after the September 27, 2005, merger and was completed after the integration of the two airlines' flight operations systems this week. The two workforces still are not completely integrated, however. "Though transparent to US Airways' customers, achieving the single certificate allows the airline to operate as one US Airways with one set of policies, procedures, computer systems, maintenance and flight control systems," US said in a statement. "The next step in the airline's integration is to achieve single contracts with pilots, flight attendants, and ground and maintenance employees, who will continue to work under terms of transition agreements reached after the merger." Source: Air Transport World

If I'm not mistaken, this means that only now all US flights are Star Alliance flights too.

Regards.
    TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343
      If I'm not mistaken, this means that only now all US flights are Star Alliance flights too.

Regards.
      US Airways flights were always star alliance, unless you meant america west? Or are you reffering to something different?

Alex
      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
        US Airways flights were always star alliance, unless you meant america west? Or are you reffering to something different?
        Yes, I was referring to the America West flights that even after the merger were not considered Star Alliance flights because the operating certificate was not from US Airways.

Regards.
        TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Now if only Parker could manage to merge the seniority lists of the pilots groups as well ...

Comment

That'll happen when monkeys fly out of my ass.

Parker wants no part in merging seniority lists. That is between the ALPA groups, and I've seen friendlier things happen at a bull fight than that integration.

For that matter, the smartest thing I've seen Parker do since the merger was get a designated driver.
            Bite me Airways.....

Comment

I wouldn't be surprise if this Pilots mess, would go to Federal Court.
              Originally posted by LRJet Guy
              That'll happen when monkeys fly out of my ass.

Parker wants no part in merging seniority lists. That is between the ALPA groups, and I've seen friendlier things happen at a bull fight than that integration.

For that matter, the smartest thing I've seen Parker do since the merger was get a designated driver.
              John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Wonder if AC will have code share on the flights leaving from YEG?

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
                  I'm sure the Arizona Highway Patrol appreciates that .

Comment

So I guess this means no more Cactus callsigns eh? Shame HPs gone.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

man was i disappointed when US got HP. i always thought HP was one of the coolest airlines ever. when i went to PHX a year ago i was determined to get a shot of evey single HP A/C i could. but with my luck i got a pic of one beacuse AA's gates are on the south side of the airport and HP is on the north(or vice verse i can't remember)so i got a bunch of SW shots but only one HP. i did get the chance to see the Ohio scheme one a 757 as we climbed out bound for DFW.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                        So I guess this means no more Cactus callsigns eh? Shame HPs gone.
                        Actually USAir is no more. The combined entity is using Cactus.

man was i disappointed when US got HP.
                        Acutally HP bought US but took the US name.

Comment

Actually, the callsigns, for the meantime won't change.
                          Aircraft were still operated by US Airways or America West crew and the aircraft were under two different USDOT operating certificates until September 25, 2007. However, until pilot union groups negotiate one contract, pilots will fly only on their airlines' aircraft and flights will be marked accordingly.
                          When they do, though, (from what I've heard from my US Air informants) the USAIR callsign will still be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                            Actually, the callsigns, for the meantime won't change.

When they do, though, (from what I've heard from my US Air informants) the USAIR callsign will still be used.
                            That is correct, I forgot that they asked for special permission to keep USAir for the time being.

Comment

I've always been a fan of the Cactus callsign, but I'll bet USair will likely stick around.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X