350XWB cabin mock-up released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350XWB cabin mock-up released

At nine-abreast that doesn't look all that different than a 777 nine-abreast layout, which I've experienced and didn't like too much. The seats are just too narrow. And I'm still not sold on the "XWB" part either.

Source: http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...xwb-cabin.html

Originally posted by Foxtrot
    At nine-abreast that doesn't look all that different than a 777 nine-abreast layout, which I've experienced and didn't like too much. The seats are just too narrow. And I'm still not sold on the "XWB" part either.
    Well, let's put it this way, the A350 has a narrower fuselage than the 777, with the same number of abreast seating, and yet it's "extrawide". Airbus logic...

Comment

The seats need more substance. Whats with the giant gaps in between them? That gives virtually no privacy from the row behind. And try sleeping if it were too cold, drafts could come from all directs instead of just from the front.

Comment

Originally posted by seventwo
        The seats need more substance. Whats with the giant gaps in between them? That gives virtually no privacy from the row behind. And try sleeping if it were too cold, drafts could come from all directs instead of just from the front.
        I highly doubt the real cabin will look anything like that. Manufactuer mock ups are nothing more than manufactuer imagined versions of what the cabin will really look like. At the end of the day its the customer that decides how the cabin will be outfitted, and few are going to go for anything quite like that. Not to mention those seats have no recline and appear to be made of plastic.

Comment

Re:

^Yeah, the article mentions that the mockup is merely provided for potential customers to come and take a look and even use measuring tape (lol) to see first hand how the cabin will be like. But narrower than a 777's cabin and with nine-abreast seating... yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
            ^Yeah, the article mentions that the mockup is merely provided for potential customers to come and take a look and even use measuring tape (lol) to see first hand how the cabin will be like. But narrower than a 777's cabin and with nine-abreast seating... yeah...
            I kind of find it unlikely that any airline would need to pull out a tape measure to measure a potential aircraft for their fleet. It sounds like a good idea in PR talk, but in the context of the industry its pretty pointless.

Comment

Those seats look like crap. I guess airbus just went and took some plastic cafeteria seats and dressed them up for there mockup.
              Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
              http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

9 abrest seems awkward, 10, or 8 seem more natural to me. I think airbus should have made it 8, and they could have made the cabin a little skinnier. But with the market these days, I guess they want to jam as many pax. as they can and make a few more pennies.
                Will C.

Comment

all this omgwtfxwb talk and only 9 abreast? not impressed, boeing can just make a improved 777, new materials and crap, so the a350 not really a 'direct competitor", i thought is was going to be was wide as a 777, guess i am wrong

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

XWB was choosen, because with 2+4+2 it would be roomier then the same layout on a 787. Too bad that it ialready wide enough for a very narrow 3+3+3 layout, which most airlines will go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
                      all this omgwtfxwb talk and only 9 abreast? not impressed, boeing can just make a improved 777, new materials and crap, so the a350 not really a 'direct competitor", i thought is was going to be was wide as a 777, guess i am wrong
                      The A350 has other factors that speak for it, namely more fuel efficient engines, and like the 787, being more "plastic" than the 777. That said, Airbus is talking a big game, and yes, the A350-900 might harm the 772, but the talk of the A350-1000 being a 77W killer will still remain to be seen.

And as a side, EK crams 10-abreast into their 773s, and with EK, I would not be surprised to see them try to cram 10-abreast into the A350 as well...

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                        XWB was choosen, because with 2+4+2 it would be roomier then the same layout on a 787. Too bad that it ialready wide enough for a very narrow 3+3+3 layout, which most airlines will go for.
                        And most airlines will put 9-abreast seats on their B787s.

Regards.
                        TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Re:

^The 772/ER/LR are doing fine, and with 6 more years to go until the 359 enters service, I doubt it will do that much harm to the 772 line.

Comment

wow Airbus stinks! another reason that Boeing rules. it actually cares about selling products. it shows what you can do with it. not what plastic seats on 2x4s look like.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                              wow Airbus stinks! another reason that Boeing rules. it actually cares about selling products. it shows what you can do with it. not what plastic seats on 2x4s look like.

-Chris
                              Oh jesus.. Chris, Dont even start a A. vs B. brawl. This is two different aircraft manufacturer. Both has different concepts for airlines, meanwhile Im not saying that one is better than the other. And who knows, I don't even think it would look like this at the end anyway, whoever thought or even slightly that the dreamliner would lose its shark-shapes ? And would look like what it does now?? You have to remember that the cabin is only a mock up, not necessarily a finished product that will BE ON the aircraft, but only a sample... so I think you should lighten up, and stop saying dirt about the aircraft manuf. Airbus SAS.. It's not even Airbus that produces the seats...:rolleyes:
                              Last edited by MaxPower; 2007-10-01, 18:36.
                              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X