ATR announces ATR 42-600 and ATR 72-600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATR announces ATR 42-600 and ATR 72-600

Latest in flightdeck technology, more powerful engines, increased MTOW and an updated cabin.

Source: http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=10381

ATR is riding high on its sales as of recent and this should open up some eyes where interest in turboprops is coming back.

I think it should do well

Comment

I did hope for an ATR 92

Comment

Sure wouldn't be too bad if the new engines were to allow the AT7 to be as fast, or even faster, than the D84, no doubt that would be a major selling point.

Comment

Wonder if AE is interested. Took one of their 72s SXM-SJU earlier this summer. First time in a turboprop. Very pleasant flight.

Comment

Are AE's ATR's strictly limited to Carribean routes because of the icing accident back in 1994 (i think that's the year)? I heard that somewhere but it seems a little far fetched, because I'm sure other airlines are operating them in colder climates.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              Are AE's ATR's strictly limited to Carribean routes because of the icing accident back in 1994 (i think that's the year)? I heard that somewhere but it seems a little far fetched, because I'm sure other airlines are operating them in colder climates.
              AE also operates them out of MIA. I believe it does have something to do with icing.

Comment

i always thought the ATR was a good lookin bird. i'm glad to hear they are making more of 'em. sure hope they do well.

-Chris

Comment

ATRs are awesome! Good to hear that the ATR42 and ATR72 are getting updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                    AE also operates them out of MIA. I believe it does have something to do with icing.
                    After the Simmons Airlines ATR went down, all the ATRs were moved to Southern hubs where icing is not common. That would explain AEs ATRs are based in Miami, and other warm locations.
                    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

The thing that stumps me is why we always hear about orders for Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier and Embraer...but never hear a peep whenever someone orders the ATR's. It's a great plane that suits its niche really well.
                      ~Steve

Comment

Originally posted by N524DA
                        The thing that stumps me is why we always hear about orders for Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier and Embraer...but never hear a peep whenever someone orders the ATR's.
                        Because outside of the big airshows, ATR rarely, if ever, actually looks for the PR themselves. Orders happen alot for ATR, probably even more than for BBD if you only look at commercial jets, but ATR simply keeps it on the low.

Comment

What is with this icing problem ATRs have?

Comment

Originally posted by hansonator69
                            What is with this icing problem ATRs have?
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Eagle_Flight_4184

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was wondering myself, what they would do in this version to address the icing problems. If I remember correctly it was a design flaw where the deicing elements didn't go back far enough on the wing you could get ice behind where the deicing elements reached?

Comment

Working...
                              X