Magic Words for Reimbursement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Words for Reimbursement

I read an article recently but can't seem to find it.. it stated that a little known term or clause in many airline contracts for reimbursement or help for delays... something like Section 48 or 36 or something similar. Apparently its a little known FAA rule.

Anybody?
    DFW Tower.com

What airlines can and will do for you in the event of delays that are within their control are posted in their contract of carriage...

at Delta if the delay is outside of the airlines control - weather, atc, etc...we will rebook you on another flight at your request or refund the cost of the unused portions of our ticket...if it is an airline controlled delay, maintenance, etc..we provide meal vouchers (if delay is over a certain time frame - normally 2 hours), hotel vouchers if it is going to be an overnight delay, ground transportation to an alternate airport - ie..Ohare to Midway - to catch another flight, refund unused portion of the ticket, or rebook you on another Delta flight or with an airline that we have a ticketing agreement with...

different situations call for different solutions so always check with the gate agent working the flight and they can give you the specifics of what is available to you...

Comment

i do believe the magic word is......please. i'm sure you can find it somewhere on the airline's website.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
      X