Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Turkish Airlines not a member of Star Alliance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Turkish Airlines not a member of Star Alliance?

I was planning to book a flight on Turkish with the expectation that I'll be able to add the 16000 miles to my United FF. Although the website for TY says as of Dec 06 that its joining the Alliance, there is no other mention, and nor is it mentioned on the star alliance website.

Any info on that anyone?

Originally posted by arifpal
    I was planning to book a flight on Turkish with the expectation that I'll be able to add the 16000 miles to my United FF. Although the website for TY says as of Dec 06 that its joining the Alliance, there is no other mention, and nor is it mentioned on the star alliance website.

Any info on that anyone?
    IMHO It hasnt yet been accected nor fully fledged into the Alliance. Oh wait, its not even December yet
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
      IMHO It hasnt yet been accected nor fully fledged into the Alliance. Oh wait, its not even December yet
      He said Decenber 2006, not 2007

Comment

They are scheduled to join April 1, 2008:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Al...Future_members

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
          He said Decenber 2006, not 2007
          Holy Manjula. Brainfart ! I have mistaken the airline for the soon-to-be-members at the Alliance this year. I apologize to arifpal for the misunderstanding.

But Just so you know.. they are not yet a member... ..

Comment

Holy Manjula. Brainfart ! I have mistaken the airline for the soon-to-be-members at the Alliance this year. I apologize to arifpal for the misunderstanding.
            My understanding was you knew EVERYTHING after the smart arse comment "Oh wait, its not even December yet " Ahh well

Comment

lol thanks for the info + entertainment guys.

April 2008, daMn! That sounds late. Speaking of that, does anyone have any idea on once a carrier joines an alliance, what happens to the status of existing frequent flyers? So e.g. in my situation, if I have 16k miles on Turkish by APr 08, can I transfer them to United then? Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by arifpal
                lol thanks for the info + entertainment guys.

April 2008, daMn! That sounds late. Speaking of that, does anyone have any idea on once a carrier joines an alliance, what happens to the status of existing frequent flyers? So e.g. in my situation, if I have 16k miles on Turkish by APr 08, can I transfer them to United then? Any thoughts?
                If the airline wasnt yet a member at the time you earned them, it will be "renewed" as they would now be valid for Star alliance partners, No, you can't "transfer" them onto United, but yes you can use them for an award flight at United. Hope it helps..

Comment

If the airline wasnt yet a member at the time you earned them, it will be "renewed" as they would now be valid for Star alliance partners, No, you can't "transfer" them onto United, but yes you can use them for an award flight at United. Hope it helps..
                  That makes it clear for me. Thanks mate!

Comment

Working...
                  X