ANA to buy new widebodies to replace 744 fleet, also looking at MRJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANA to buy new widebodies to replace 744 fleet, also looking at MRJ

This will be a completely different order from the one it just anounced recently. The new order will be for widebodies only to replace its 744s. It is also looking at the Mitsubishi Regional Jet.

Source: http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-possibly.html

Take a look at the MRJ. Looks pretty much like the C-Series Bombarider has come up with, but looks like Mitsubishi is looking at making good inroads into the commercial regional jet market.

Source: http://www.mrj-japan.com/ Requires flash player.

$20 on the A380 and some additional 77Ws as well.

Comment

Why not the B748?
      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro
        Why not the B748?
        With ANA's somewhat reluctance to have a 4th fleet type in their future fleet plans (737, 777, 787) I'd suspect they go all the way for the largest option when they introduce their 4th longterm fleet member, one that also offers longterm growth options as well (A380-900).

Comment

Would the A350 be too small to replace a 747 capacity wise? I was under the impression that ANA was trying to move to a purely 2-engined fleet to due to better fuel economics.

I would LOVE to see a 747-8I order from them though!
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
            With ANA's somewhat reluctance to have a 4th fleet type in their future fleet plans (737, 777, 787) I'd suspect they go all the way for the largest option when they introduce their 4th longterm fleet member, one that also offers longterm growth options as well (A380-900).
            Yes, then it would be more logic with more tripple-7 than A380, also why only one Airbus model, which airline today got A380 as their only Airbus on order?
            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Working...
            X