Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Airlines Signs Firm Order For 12 Airbus Widebodies

Source: www.Airbus.com

Hawaiian Airlines Inc., Hawaii’s largest airline, has signed a firm order for six A350 XWB-800s and six A330-200s. This deal finalises a Memorandum of Understanding announced in November 2007. The airline will begin receiving their new A330s in 2012, and will take delivery of their first A350 in 2017. Both models will be powered by Rolls-Royce Trent engines.

This is Hawaiian’s first order for an Airbus aircraft, and is the first step in the airline’s plan to replace its current widebody fleet. The A330 and A350 will allow the airline to expand its long-range fleet, opening new non-stop routes on more distant markets from Hawaii. Hawaiian Airlines’ A350 XWB-800s will seat 322 passengers in a two-class configuration and the A330-200 will transport 305 passengers in two classes.

“A new customer for a new aircraft type is the kind of endorsement we’re seeing more of, thanks to an evolving product line that delivers the aircraft that today’s market and environment demand,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers. “The A330 and the new A350XWB will both help this outstanding airline to grow its horizons and its already outstanding reputation.
    named after the king

Originally posted by Kell Kong
    and will take delivery of their first A350 in 2017..
    That is a really long time! it is just under 10 years!

Regards,

GJ
    "A pilot lives in a world of perfection or does not live at all."

Comment

If the A350XWB program runs like the A380 has, it will be 2017 before the first one is delivered to any carrier.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

As stated previously, I doubt that by 2017 Hawaiian will actually be an independant carrier anymore and thus their A350 order might go the way of the dodo, depending on whom they'll end up with.

Comment

Who might take over Hawaiian?

Comment

Originally posted by sfoflyer
            At this point in time it could theorethically be anyone. Now, I doubt HA is one of the primary take-over/merger targets, but if they actually get going with building up HNL as a good stopover point for connections between the US and Asia, they might soon raise the interest of carriers that lack a strong Asian presence (AA, CO, DL, US) and can't get that presence through a merger with either NW or UA.

Comment

I predict Southwest will buy them out and run it as a separate carrier.

Not really... but I can dream, can't I?
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by sfoflyer
                me

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  At this point in time it could theorethically be anyone. Now, I doubt HA is one of the primary take-over/merger targets, but if they actually get going with building up HNL as a good stopover point for connections between the US and Asia, they might soon raise the interest of carriers that lack a strong Asian presence (AA, CO, DL, US) and can't get that presence through a merger with either NW or UA.
                  Interestingly enough, I can see AA emerging as the front runner for this one citing that fact that if UA is sold to anyone - and there is even a hint that there will be a reduction in service on UA's very extensive Pacific/Asian markets then AA would be all to keen to pounce on the oppurtunity.
                  Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
                  X