$100/barrel fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100/barrel fuel

So you want to know how much fuel it costs to move your butt from point A to B on an airplane when fuel costs $100/barrel. Here are some stats from the Air Canada fuel department.

"Fuel is the greatest single expense item for Air Canada. Fuel remains a concern, and it gave us challenges last quarter, adding $32 million to our costs. It would have been $150 million more if not for our hedging programs, the stronger Canadian dollar and benefits of taking freighters out of service.
    A few interesting “fuel factoids” on a per seat/per route basis here:"

Route Aircraft Fuel cost/seat with fuel at $100/bbl
    YYZ-HKG B777 $423/seat
    YYZ-LGA E175 $30/seat
    YYZ-LHR B767-300 $171/seat
    YYZ-SFO A320 $93/seat
    YYZ-YUL A320 $18/seat
    YYZ-YVR B767-300 $102/seat

Originally posted by ptbodale
    Route Aircraft Fuel cost/seat with fuel at $100/bbl
    YYZ-HKG B777 $423/seat
    YYZ-LGA E175 $30/seat
    YYZ-LHR B767-300 $171/seat
    YYZ-SFO A320 $93/seat
    YYZ-YUL A320 $18/seat
    YYZ-YVR B767-300 $102/seat
    Interesting with the lowest price for an Economy seat at about $789/pax for up to $6,250/pax for Executive/Flexible seating from YYZ to HKG. {Air Canada website.}
    Terry
    Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
    How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

YYZ-SFO A320 $93/seat - 3620km
      YYZ-YVR B767-300 $102/seat - 3350km

Looks like those 767's are getting a little expensive to fly. I wonder what the comparison will be like with the 787....
      My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
        I wonder what the comparison will be like with the 787....
        According to Boeing, the 787 will use 20% less fuel, which would be a substantial savings.
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

That's very interesting data. Thanks for sharing it.
          TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Jet Fuel should be pretty cheap..it is only KEROSENE..!! it is not AVGAS..I wonder how much would cost traveling from point A to B on AVGAS?
            A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1
              Jet Fuel should be pretty cheap..it is only KEROSENE..!! it is not AVGAS..I wonder how much would cost traveling from point A to B on AVGAS?
              Not really - kerosene and avgas ultimately come from the same raw material and are both subject to much the same production, refining, transportation, distribution, storage, finance and corporate overhead costs.

Comment

Working...
              X