What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bob12312357
    Damn, someone needs to buy u a headset for your next b-day.
    His headset looks older than the one I'm going to get for $30 on craigslist.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

It's the same one my flight instructor from a few years back had. I used it once or twice, and my only positive comment compared to the newer ANR is "It works"

Comment

Originally posted by bob12312357
        It's the same one my flight instructor from a few years back had. I used it once or twice, and my only positive comment compared to the newer ANR is "It works"
        Yeah...that one was supplied by the company, not that my personal one is any better. Our company requires us to use headsets that are TSOed (approved) by the FAA. A lot of guys use ones that aren't, but I'm too broke to buy my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
          How on earth did you deduce that?

http://www.defense-update.com/products/e/eitan-UAV.htm
          Says it has a ceiling of FL400+, so it's plausible. The nose and the cross section of the fuselage don't look exactly right, thought.
          It looks like, from Joe's photo, that the aircraft in question has flight deck windows?
          You answered your own question, which UAV has a flight deck window? Also the tail fins are not attache to the wings in joes photo. Almost look like an airbus from front on, but its deffinatley not. Still convinced it a sea plane.
          There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            I'm too broke to buy my own.
            Yeah, me either. The downside of buying on ebay or craigslist: Its cheap, I can afford it, but who knows if its going to work as well as they claim right?
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by QFCPT747
              You answered your own question, which UAV has a flight deck window? Also the tail fins are not attache to the wings in joes photo. Almost look like an airbus from front on, but its deffinatley not. Still convinced it a sea plane.
              As far as I know, none. But you nor I know that this aircraft has them either, making it a bit outlandish to say that it "deffinatley" is or is notanything.

Comment

Looking at the low horizontal stabilizer, long wing, twin props, and narrow body, it could be a Transall C160. They do tranist that area from time to time to resupply various German and other EU units around the US.
                "I use mulit-billion dollar military satellite systems to find tupperware in the woods."

Comment

Am I the only one to think it looks like a Dash or ATR from behind?
                  greetings,
                  Philip

Comment

Originally posted by philip
                    Wow...that never occured to me. But I think we have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                      Wow...that never occured to me. But I think we have a winner.
                      LOL it's funny how we all missed that. Looks like Delta Connection too.

Comment

Try as I may, I just can't see it...

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                          Try as I may, I just can't see it...
                          It's like one of those 3D art posters, it'll just come to you.

Comment

And we call ourselves spotters.
                            Sam Rudge
                            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I don't believe it, I think your right. This brings up the fact I may now need to look for another job
                              "I use mulit-billion dollar military satellite systems to find tupperware in the woods."

Comment

I think you nailed it. Probably Delta since the bottom of the tail is blue and the top is red.
                                Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Working...
                                X