NW, EasyJet impressed with PW GTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW, EasyJet impressed with PW GTF

NW a potential customer for the CSeries, LH is considering the aircraft and EasyJet also liking the engine. Hmm, this is getting interesting. The E-jet just might have some serious competition in the coming years.

Source: http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-turbofan.html

Originally posted by Foxtrot
    NW a potential customer for the CSeries, LH is considering the aircraft and EasyJet also liking the engine. Hmm, this is getting interesting. The E-jet just might have some serious competition in the coming years.

Source: http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-turbofan.html

Yeah - they may have competition - but will it come too late? Or - would it really be competiting designs considering that the C-Series will more than likely be a replacement for aging ERJs? I mean, the designs are years apart, and I would think that the C-Series would take into account all of the shortcomings of its competitior and iron-out the kinks in order to produce it's new aircraft. Either way - I would like to see what they are going to produce. I think that we might see the market be large seeing that there are fewer choices now for that market (that this proposed aircraft will serve), and unless Embraer improoves/re-does/re-vamps the ERJ 170/190 family - then the C-series take a few customers. Also, I expect to see that current CRJ customers would be pleased to replace older CRJ 90s with the C-Series, and if Bombarider plays their cards right, they can cap into that market.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Mitsubishi MRJ is also using the same engine, so C-Series does not come in without competition.
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

Different size. MRJ 70-90 pax, CS series starts at 100 and goes up to 130+ - probably more in a stretched variant.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by CathayPacific
          Mitsubishi MRJ is also using the same engine, so C-Series does not come in without competition.
          Same engine but different capacity markets. If Mitsubishi aggressively markets the MRJ in world markets, I can see it making major inroads into current CRJ and ERJ markets with the need for 70-90 seat fuel-efficient jets, especially with the GTFs on it. Maybe even some E-jet markets further down the road.

Comment

Working...
          X