• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates vents A350's new nose design

DATE:07/05/08
    SOURCE:Flight International
    PICTURES: Emirates A350 images reveal revised nose design
    By Max Kingsley-Jones

Emirates has become the first A350 customer to release images of the XWB with the revamped nose and cockpit window arrangement adopted by Airbus as it refines the aircraft's design from the original 2006 concept.

The revised nose, which dispenses with the dramatic four-window panel layout illustrated on all artists' impressions released of the A350 to date, was adopted last year when Airbus decided to incorporate the A380's nose structural design.

This installs the nose gear bay at the front of the aircraft. In tandem with this, the refinement incorporates a six-windscreen layout that is less of a design departure from the original XWB concept, bearing more resemblance to the A380's window arrangement.

The A350 is also the first Airbus to do away with opening direct vision cockpit windows for flightcrew emergency evacuation, with an escape hatch incorporated in the flightdeck roof instead.

Airbus will reach the A350's design freeze milestone in the fourth quarter, by which time it is expected to have published images of the aircraft's definitive shape and configuration.

Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

I think this will be the best-looking Airbus airliner ever.
    TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Looks very nice and cool.

Comment

boeing boy likes it, no more of the boring old a300 310 30 40 nose, it much better than the a380 nose design, and not too wild like the original xwb

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Don't be too optimistic. The actual nose in the engineering documents looks less exciting. It will be - after all - just another boring twin-jet. While the design is actually pretty well thought (like that of the current boring twin jet (=B787) in the being).

Comment

Finally a new nose from Airbus. I kow some people say the A380s nose is bad but it does actually suit it. Twin jets are boring because most new aircraft are twinjets. It's kinda like the norm.

Comment

Working...
            X