Where are L1011-500 now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are L1011-500 now?

I never thought about that today. Delta used to fly L1011-500 Atlanta to Europe London and Frankfort for many years ago. Where are L1011-500's today? Aren't they at graveyard or scrapped out? I hardly to believe that Delta started 30 years ago from Atlanta to London first Trans Atlantic flight that time go fly fast from today. It must've L1011-500 flight. Isn't that right?

Thanks,

Stuart

Delta regularly used their other versions of the L-1011 on transatlantic flights, in addition to the 500.

Most of the 500s today still seem to be in one piece and are stored in the various desert fields, but I doubt many will fly again.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays
      Most of the 500s today still seem to be in one piece and are stored in the various desert fields, but I doubt many will fly again.
      We have got quite a few L-1011's standing around in JNB.
      warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Currently there are less then 20 L-1011-500 flying.

The majority of these (9) are operated by the RAF. They have a fleet of 4 tanker/freighters, 2 tankers and 3 passenger aircraft.

There are two operators using L-1011-500 operating out of Portugal (Euro Atlantic and Luzair), and a couple more in the Middle East (Kallat Elasker and Privilage Jet).

Addtionally, there are two or three privately owned (VIP) examples.

The 4 ex-American Trans Air and a few ex-Delta -500's that could be reactivated are in storage.

Comment

EuroAtlantic has 1 active, CS-TEB.

http://www.euroatlantic.pt/html/airc...eed_CS_TEB.asp

Luzair has 1 active, CS-TMP and 1 stored, CS-TMR.

http://www.luzair.com/fleet.htm
          TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

In my opinion the EuroAtlantic Tristar has been scrapped out already.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffen Koschlig
              In my opinion the EuroAtlantic Tristar has been scrapped out already.
              It shows up as active here:

I don't necessarily know if that means it is/isn't. JP.net has photos from April 2007. Photos seem to end in mid 2007 - so potentially that means it isn't flying anymore.
              Terry
              Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
              How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I doon't know the model but Orbital Sciences Corp is still flying their L-1011

http://www.orbital.com/SpaceLaunch/P...targazer.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by FireLight
                  It shows up as active here:

I don't necessarily know if that means it is/isn't. JP.net has photos from April 2007. Photos seem to end in mid 2007 - so potentially that means it isn't flying anymore.
                  She flew a trip (just the one however) mid last month so she's still alive.

Long live CS-TEB!

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas
                    I doon't know the model but Orbital Sciences Corp is still flying their L-1011

http://www.orbital.com/SpaceLaunch/P...targazer.shtml
                    The Orbital Science aircraft is still operational. The Orbitial Science aircraft is an L-1011-100 (with plans to convert it to a -200).

Comment

Yes, I think flights from Brize to Ascension going to be one of the last chances for a civilian to fly this bird.
                      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro
                        Yes, I think flights from Brize to Ascension going to be one of the last chances for a civilian to fly this bird.
                        That may be true - flights are available to the public, in general, but the fares are very expensive (and onwards to Port Stanley).

Comment

Working...
                        X