Air Canada - Lost Child, Fly Father Back to Recover Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada - Lost Child, Fly Father Back to Recover Him

More good vibes for Air Canada. In the end, they flew the father back to Vancouver to recover his son with no charge. It's one thing to lose your luggage, another scenario altogether when your 23 month-old son is missing.

An immigrant family headed to Winnipeg left a 23-month-old boy in the Vancouver airport and learned he was missing only when contacted during the next leg of their trip.

Jun Parreno, the boy's father, told the Vancouver Sun the mix-up occurred Monday as he, his wife and two grandparents of the child were scrambling between their arrival in Canada and a connecting flight to Winnipeg on Air Canada.

Running late after having to unpack and repack all their luggage, "we had 10 minutes before boarding," said Parreno, who was emigrating with his family from the Philippines. "We were running for the gate."

He said he thought his son was with the three other adult members of the family, who were running to the gate ahead of him, and they thought the little boy was with him.

Instead, in a scenario similar to the movie Home Alone, the toddler was wandering alone between a security checkpoint and the flight gates, said Angela Mah, an Air Canada representative.

More here: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...ild-plane.html
    Terry
    Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
    How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Good for Air Canada bad for the parents. There is no excuse for forgetting a child.
    Signatures are overrated

Comment

Makes me proud of my co-workers. I was reading some of the other comments on the CBC site and it is amazing that some people still whine about AC, however like the dominant company in any business everyone wants to take shots at you whether they are deserved or not.

The biggest problem with most Canadians is they don't travel overseas enough to realize how good they have it here at home.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
        The biggest problem with most Canadians is they don't travel overseas enough to realize how good they have it here at home.
        Or when they travel overseas, they mostly go to places where the airlines are better than AC. AC is not bad on average, but it is only average, or perhaps slightly above average compare to many major airlines (try not to compare with US airlines and be happy with being better than them).
        Next:
        None Planned

Comment

Working...
        X