USA 3000 cuts FLL, MLB, PIE and SRQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA 3000 cuts FLL, MLB, PIE and SRQ!

USA 3000 will soon be ending service at the St. Petersburg-Clearwater Airport. Airport Director Noah Lagos says the airline is also shutting down service in Sarasota, Ft. Lauderdale, and Melbourne. USA 3000 will continue serving the Ft. Myers market.

Lagos says, "It will have a large effect on us." Last year USA 3000 served 300,000 passengers at St. Petersburg-Clearwater. That represents about 30 percent of all flights at the airport.

Lagos says the airline is leaving because high fuel costs make serving those Florida airports unprofitable. The airport director says he is always marketing the facility but is not aware of any airline that might be interested in replacing USA 3000. Flights at St. Petersburg-Clearwater Airport will end on August eighteenth.

I was unaware that USA3000 served SRQ, but it is sad to see them go from all of the other cities. I know that PIE always has a hard time keeping airlines with TPA so close to them, and MLB amazes me that it get services from airlines at all. With the departure of USA3000 th only airline serving the airport is DL (with a daily RJ to ATL). As for FLL - I can assume that there are simply to many other airlines serving the airport? Anyway, it's sad to see them go, and I can only imagine that this is not good for airline. Where will they use these aircraft now?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Uh oh, route cutting in this manner usually leads to bad things. Lets hope they made wise choices here.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
      Where will they use these aircraft now?
      Possibly in the line of creditors.

Why did ash baby disappear from ur dp?

Comment

Originally posted by arifpal
        Why did ash baby disappear from ur dp?

Just wanted a change, but I think that I might go back soon.
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
        X