This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QF 388 cabin photos

For some reason those business class seats with the multi-panel seat backs don't look that comfortable to me...

Source: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gal...6020-1,00.html

Eww. What the heck's going on with the choice of mushy pea green in economy?

Agreed - It doesn't look very comfortable at all from here either!

Comment

The designer is color blind
      Signatures are overrated

Comment

Check out - http://forums.jetphotos.net/showpost...4&postcount=12

QANTAS has leapt to the defence of the Australian-themed decor in its new A380 superjumbos after the cabins received an online drubbing from aviation enthusiasts.

Photographs of the first plane posted online this week have provoked an avalanche of mostly negative comments on aviation website airliners.net.

The reaction of more than 270 posts from around the world is particularly critical of the airline's colour schemes.

Created by award-winning Australian industrial designer Marc Newson, a first media review of the cabins said: "Travellers will see elegant internal furnishings in colours reflecting the changing hues of our native landscape."

But aviation enthusiasts on airliners.net found that the colours reminded them more of bodily functions than a sunburnt country.

At the top of the hate list were the green seats pictured in the economy cabin.

"I am glad I was not the only one wanting to puke when I saw the green economy seats," said a poster from the US, the first destination for the A380.

"Those are horrible."

A fellow American agreed: "Given all the hype from QF, Iwas expecting much better product.

"This one looks like crap.

"Bad colours, seat designs that value form over comfort."

One British correspondent likened the economy cabin to a hospital waiting room.

"Really, I cannot see this working at all, they are going to have to change it," the poster said.

"Indescribably awful."

"I hope they saved the receipts ... maybe they can get their money back," said another poster from Colombia.

One wag even posted a picture of Sydney's City Rail trains, which also have unflattering green seats, and suggested these might have been the inspiration.

Posters were also generally underwhelmed by the photographs of the Qantas first- and business-class seats, although reaction to these was more mixed.

"Newson may have been going for a retro/Soviet 70s style, in which case he pulled it off quite well, especially looking at the first-class cabin," said a Finnish correspondent.

But one Australian doubted whether the colour would make any difference to travellers and another believed the reaction was "a tad too harsh".

"There are many things we can't tell from these pics, such as how comfortable the seats actually are, how much real space there is, etc," the Australian said.

"People in economy aren't going to give a toss what colour the seats are as long as they are comfortable and have a working PTV screen - the same way they aren't going to care what colour the business cabin is as long as the seats are flat and the service is decent."

Qantas said the cabins were still unfinished and urged people not to judge them on the basis of a limited number of photographs.

"We are totally confident of our new product," said the airline's head of corporate affairs, Belinda de Rome.

"We think it will be the best in the sky and when people see it on board they will be bowled over."

Comment

Not a fan of the color.... I guess this is thier way of "Going Green"...

Comment

"Travellers will see elegant internal furnishings in colours reflecting the changing hues of our native landscape."
            The native landscape is a desert, full of dead, burnt out things, so QF wants their planes to look dead and burnt.
            Signatures are overrated

Comment

Working...
            X