Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radisson KLAX

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has tried with any success at asking the management at the Radisson at LAX whether the roof top lounge there can be rented during the day. From what I have heard it is only open now from 5pm onwards which isnt great for spotting/photography at this time of year.

I will be heading there in February 17-19 and would love to be able to use that spot again!

Any insight would be awesome!

Cheers,
    Chris Sands
    Jetphotos.net screener
    MY PHOTOS AT JETPHOTOS.NET

Chris, that's a great question. They need to keep that thing open during the day and not open so late. Every time I have stayed there I 've had to speak with the Hotel Manager because of the non working elevators and the garbage service we've gotten. We should all chip in and buy that hotel and run it correctly. The Lounge would be 24/7 with Live ATC!

Eddie-Nellis AFB

Comment

Roger that Eddie! I have sent them an email asking what it would cost to rent the room for the day. Will advise what their response is (If they respond)

Cheers
      Jetphotos.net screener

Comment

Only $750 bucks a day to rent the roof... what a deal (eye-roll). I may do it though for 1 day because it is such an awesome spot!
        Jetphotos.net screener

Comment

Chris,

Keep this in mind. Awhile back they added railing outside there so now you can't really walk on the roof. They railing I would say is about 6+ inches apart,not too bad but kinda sucks.

Comment

Thanks for the update Eddie. Does it completely prohibit access to the roof? Could you get over it? If not, can you still shoot from the unfenced area uninhibited?

Cheers,
            Chris
            Jetphotos.net screener

Comment

For anyone that cares,

I was at the Radisson yesterday and the entire penthouse was torn apart. They are completely redoing the entire floor. There were construction workers everywhere. I suggest not bothering to go there for a while.
              Jetphotos.net screener

Comment

Originally posted by $and$ View Post
                For anyone that cares,

I was at the Radisson yesterday and the entire penthouse was torn apart. They are completely redoing the entire floor. There were construction workers everywhere. I suggest not bothering to go there for a while.
                Bugger!!!!
                Chris Sharps
                5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

wow really? It's probably long overdue Chris, ANy good shots at LAX?

Eddie-Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by $and$ View Post
                    Only $750 bucks a day to rent the roof...
                    Did you expect anything less than that? I would have figured a lot more.
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

On a somewhat related note, I'm spending next weekend (12th - 16th) at the Embassy Suites on the south side of the field. Anybody stayed there have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy! View Post
                        On a somewhat related note, I'm spending next weekend (12th - 16th) at the Embassy Suites on the south side of the field. Anybody stayed there have any suggestions?
                        You are east of Imperial Hill so it is a good location to stay at if you dont have transportation. It is a short walk to that spot or you can walk over to flight path or Proud bird also.
                        Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                        http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net View Post
                          You are east of Imperial Hill so it is a good location to stay at if you dont have transportation. It is a short walk to that spot or you can walk over to flight path or Proud bird also.
                          Sweet. The group I'm with will be flying into BUR (got it cheap on AA from MSP via DFW), we'll spend time touring VNY (no cameras...bugger), as well as the airfield and tower at LAX.

We'll be allowed onto the catwalk with our cameras at LAX tower, so be ready for some good stuff.

Comment

Embassey Suites is a nice location. Its is to bad the balcony doors are locked on the North side of the complex -- the side facing the airfield. I live a few blocks away from the hotel. The Proud Bird, Imperial Hill and Museum are all within walking distance. The Proud Bird is probably the farthest walk you will have.

When do you plan to be at the hill?

Jim

Comment

I like that embassy suites except for what Jim said about the balcony windows. Also the parking is great but it's a little steep on the price. they have a lot of parties and conventions going on so it gets noisy at night.

Eddie

Comment

Working...
                              X