Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding Out Aircraft Type Before you Fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Out Aircraft Type Before you Fly?

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering, is there any way to find out what aircraft type or even rego you will be flying on for a flight in the future. I am flying SYD-MEL then MEL-LAX and I would love to know what aircraft I would be flying on (I am flying QF). I think i will be flying on a 744 to LAX but I am curious to which type I will be flying on from SYD-MEL.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks,

GJ
    "A pilot lives in a world of perfection or does not live at all."

I can look it up at work to get the planned registration.

What specific flights are you booked on?
    Last edited by AJ; 2009-08-25, 20:46.

Comment

You can easily find out the aircraft type, just start a booking on the Qantas site and click on the link of the flight for the A/C type and seat map. Most airlines make this information publicly available. The SYD-MEL leg is served by 767-300(ER)'s (flight QF409 or QF411).

Comment

Qantas (QF) uses both its 747-400's and its A380-800's for this route (MEL-LAX). Personally I have been researching these routes lately and typically it is a 744, but on occasion it is a 388. The 388's are used for SYD-LAX and MEL-LAX (randomly throughout the week). Finding out which aircraft it will be specifically can be easily discovered like Cas explained (starting a booking), or just wait for AJ to reply, but Cas's way is quicker because you can have your question answered in a matter of seconds or a minute.

Comment

Working...
        X