Quick question re KPIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question re KPIT

We live very close to KPIT and often see C130's and KC135's flying over, especially on summer evenings. Maybe doing touch and goes, I don't know, but it's very regular.

This evening however I saw a military aircraft that resembled either a DC10 or MD11, but it had one of those in flight refueling things with the little wings on at the back. What aircraft is this? Do you think it could have been visiting or are they replacing the KC135's?

Thinking about this, I really should have paid closer attention to whether it had the winglets - that's the easiest way to tell the DC10 from the MD11, isn't it? I just don't remember if it did!
    Yet another AD.com convert!

Behold, the KC-10 'Extender'....it must have been visiting, as all the KC-10s that I know of are based in either Travis AFB in California or McGuire AFB in New Jersey (the Dutch Air Force also had a couple of them....but I guessing the ones you saw came from McGuire)

Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Vnav View Post
      Behold, the KC-10 'Extender'....it must have been visiting, as all the KC-10s that I know of are based in either Travis AFB in California or McGuire AFB in New Jersey (the Dutch Air Force also had a couple of them....but I guessing the ones you saw came from McGuire)

Yeah - that's the one!

Thanks
      Yet another AD.com convert!

Comment

Working...
      X