• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked Passengers onboard Southwest

Naked passenger arrested on U.S. flight

Man stripped, hit another passenger, fought with Southwest crew members

updated 6:15 p.m. ET, Thurs., Aug 20, 2009

OAKLAND, Calif. - Authorities say a St. Louis-bound Southwest Airlines flight was forced to return to Oakland International Airport after a male passenger stripped, hit another passenger and fought with crew members.

Alameda County sheriff's deputies say Flight 947 returned Thursday morning after 21-year-old Darius Chappille of Oakland allegedly exposed himself to the female passenger sitting next to him and punched her in the face.

Lt. Howard Jacobs says flight attendants and other passengers then subdued Chappille, as he disrobed. He was apparently completely naked when sheriff's deputies arrested him.

Chappille and the woman were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

A Southwest Airlines representative says the flight took off from Oakland again later.

Amature Video of Passengers taken off the plane

Just one of many odd people onboard airlines.
    what ever happens......happens

Just goes to show you, this is not the "normal" WN passenger, as this was a Fed Ex Employee non revving.

Rumor has it WN has denied future non revving to all FX Employees due to this incident.

Not sure if this is true, I want to get confirmation first.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777 View Post
      Just goes to show you, this is not the "normal" WN passenger, as this was a Fed Ex Employee non revving.

Rumor has it WN has denied future non revving to all FX Employees due to this incident.

Alex
      Hope that doesn't happen. Don't tar all Fed Ex employees with the same brush.

Comment

Don't tar all Fed Ex employees with the same brush.
        With tongue firmly in cheek, and with no hint of racism, may I suggest that you could have used a better statement ?

....and it was a brave flightcrew that subdued that guy !
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Confirm FedEx Employee

Alex
          Can you please provide a link or proof that this was a FedEx Employee?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKnight View Post
            Can you please provide a link or proof that this was a FedEx Employee?

Atrude is quite familiar with WN, but here are some other discussions where it plainly states he was a Fedex employee.

Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards - OAK: Naked passenger forces flight turnaround - OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- A Southwest flight was forced to turn around after an altercation on one of its flights. The Alameda County sheriff's department says two people were injured, a woman and a man and one of them took off all their

Comment

No I am not able to provide an article link.

This was mentioned in passing from co workers at WN and I actually had some FX Employees tell me this guy was a fed ex non rev.

However no articles actually confirm it, so it has been word of mouth and as thxcollins pointed out quite a few websites have mentioned it also.

I still have not gotten confirmation about WN banning FX Employees, so as far as I know, non revving is still allowed by FX Employees on WN.

Alex

Comment

It has been confirmed, Fed Ex employees are not allowed to non rev on WN "for the time being" however before anyone blames SWA, Fed Ex is the one who removed the agreement. NOT SWA.

I guess FX is doing it to punish their own employees? I have no idea, but we got information that we as CSA are not supposed to accept any tickets issued after Aug 28th, and cockpit is exempt so CASS Pilots at FX are still allowed to ride cockpit. It is sort of like an embargo on themselves..a bit weird/confusing I know.

But that is the update. If I hear anything diff I will let ya'll know!

Alex

Comment

It has been confirmed, Fed Ex employees are not allowed to non rev on WN "for the time being" however before anyone blames SWA, Fed Ex is the one who removed the agreement. NOT SWA.

I guess FX is doing it to punish their own employees? I have no idea, but we got information that we as CSA are not supposed to accept any tickets issued after Aug 28th, and cockpit is exempt so CASS Pilots at FX are still allowed to ride cockpit. It is sort of like an embargo on themselves..a bit weird/confusing I know.

But that is the update. If I hear anything diff I will let ya'll know!

Alex
                  this is not the first time...when I was with FedEx in the 90's they pulled our NWA priviledges for a couple of weeks over an incident at MEM with a FedEx non-rev...

Comment

Working...
                  X