Hurricane Isabel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Isabel

What airline do you think will be most affected by hurricane Isabel.
    He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

looking at the predicted path, I would have to say USAirways in CLT and IAD. However, if it decides to take a more southerly path, i would have to say AA in MIA and SJU would get hit pretty hard. I do think it would have some impact on pretty much everyone's operations once it hits the NYC area.
    Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

I'd say by the lastest charts, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland will get hit the hardest. Operations to and from those places will probably be affected.
        Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
        ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

i hope it dont come up to boston or im in serious truble
          frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

I'll have to agree USAIRWAYS will probably be affected the most but I doubt it will cause much trouble for them. As of now it's not expected to get too bad in Charlotte where I live but where I am now at our beach house 10miles S of the NC border (N Myrtle Beach SC) and a block from the ocean I think it will be pretttttty bad here and for KMYR.
            "You can run but you'll die tired."
            Semper Fidelis
            United States Marine Corp !

Comment

i was in a bitch of a hurrican once in honduras
              damn thing stayed over us for three days, all we had was a can of spam, peanut butter and a case of old skool glass bottle cokes for abotu 10 of us
              guess thats why they callled it "MITCH" the bitch
              God save the souls of all who were lost and all those in the path of Isabel
              you might be an island hopper pilot if:

1. Turning on the airconditioning involves opening the cockpit window

2. The cabin door is in need of ductape

Comment

I guess Air Canada may be affected more or less too? The projected path shows that it will pass right above Toronto in the afternoon of Friday. Although by then it will be significantly weakened. There will still be persistent wind of about 45-50kts (i.e. 80-90kph).
                Next:
                None Planned

Comment

wow, looks a pretty strong hurriance. I guess nearly every airline in America will be affected i guess
                  Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

New update. Isabel has weakend into a Cat 3/2 Hurricane with maximum sustained winds of 120 MPH and has become disorganized. Although it is still expected to hit the Carolinas and pack a punch, it won't do quite as much damage as originally expected.

Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                      I guess Air Canada may be affected more or less too? The projected path shows that it will pass right above Toronto in the afternoon of Friday. Although by then it will be significantly weakened. There will still be persistent wind of about 45-50kts (i.e. 80-90kph).
                      By the time it gets to Toronto I'd be suprised if it had TD strength winds, I doubt Air Canada will be anymore affected by Isabel than a normal thunderstorm.
                      "You can run but you'll die tired."
                      Semper Fidelis
                      United States Marine Corp !

Comment

according to NOAA, it is estimated to have approximately 40 knot winds when it hits canada, primarily due to some kind of southern flow and a cold front. however, when it hits canada, it will be so unorganized that, like Boeing752R said, it won't be any worse than your typical thunderstorm, although it might pack a lot of rain.
                        Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathay Pacific
                          If it follows its present course, by the time it gets to Canada it will be about as bad as a rainy day. I think the only AC ops that will be affected are trans-border ops to the Mid-Atlantic. Who knows - Icelandair may be affected as the hurricane loops over the North Pole and then heads straight for Sudan with a stop in Tuscany for a short, but merry, vacation. Look out Sudan Airways and Alitalia!!!

We live in Washington and we aren't expecting much worse than our usual afternoon storms that we seem to get every second day.

That said, now in all seriousness, I don't fancy being on the coast right now. I used to live in Williamsburg, Virginia, which is 1/2 hour from Norfolk, which is looking a little threatened to say the least. Good luck to y'all in the Carolinas and southern Va.
                          AIRIGAMI.NET
                          http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

what is the current situation?
                            Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

We are getting a nice cool breeze in Virginia Beach, VA. Winds up to 20+ knots here....We are under a Hurricane Warning as of right now...and Isabel should make landfall approx. tomorrow at 5pm here in SE VA.

Voluntary evacuation are going on...alot of business and schools are shut down this morning....but I'm staying here and ridin' it out. After the storm, we will conduct search and rescue parties and clean up the damages.

Comment

Working...
                              X