Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-millionth customer for Song

Check this out:

After five months only I think that's great news for Song, but nfortunately there was no comment about the load factor of the flights, but obviously, they seem to be acceptable. Well, no matter what, it looks like Song is doing great and perhaps DL might send additional 757's over to Song or order new ones (Ok, just let me dream ).

Speaking of Song...I was wondering if there are any routes that have been announced but haven't been started yet?
    Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
    ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Sorry, it put double posts.
      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

thats great for song
        Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

how many 757's are there in the song fleet?
          My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
            Speaking of Song...I was wondering if there are any routes that have been announced but haven't been started yet?
            At this point all announced Song routes are being flown - there are several new routes in the works (not sure the exact ones) but they have not been announced yet. Song has a dedicated website www.flysong.com

Wayne
            DFW

Comment

Originally posted by MauwieAir
              how many 757's are there in the song fleet?
              As of 9-16 Song operates 117 daily flights, serves 15 cities and has 29 converted 757's. This info is from the Song intranet site.

Wayne
              DFW

Comment

1-millionth customer for Song

Jbrewster1012 wrote:

At this point all announced Song routes are being flown - there are several new routes in the works (not sure the exact ones) but they have not been announced yet. Song has a dedicated website www.flysong.com
                Well, that's not totally true. On 9-17, Song started BDL-MCO/TPA service and BDL-PBI service is scheduled to start on 9-24. Plus, on October 1st, Song will start once-daily service on LAS-JFK/BOS and LAX-FLL, by which time all of the proposed 36 757s will be in service with Song, although 1 or 2 might be back-up aircraft.

Comment

Re: 1-millionth customer for Song

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  Jbrewster1012 wrote:

Well, that's not totally true. On 9-17, Song started BDL-MCO/TPA service and BDL-PBI service is scheduled to start on 9-24. Plus, on October 1st, Song will start once-daily service on LAS-JFK/BOS and LAX-FLL, by which time all of the proposed 36 757s will be in service with Song, although 1 or 2 might be back-up aircraft.
                  dal767-400er...
                  I have double checked what I read and you are right...I misread the info and it said no new cities would be added, but found the reference info for the new routes in October between currently flown cities - also the Song intranet page calendar does not show the new flight dates for October, the last new flight info added was the BDL-TPA flight on 10sep, that is why I posted what I did...Sorry folks!

Wayne
                  DFW

Comment

I am not too crazy about Song (mostly b/c I own stock in JBLU), but I think DL has had a good idea of how to make money fast. I just think that it won't last forever. Once Song expands too much, it will end up replace DL mainline on some routes. This means either that DL will be competing w/ Song or that Song will take over DL. I think song needs to remain the size it is now, and if it expands, it should not expand very fast.

Comment

This means either that DL will be competing w/ Song or that Song will take over DL.
                      Song taking over Delta? Delta OWNS Song, they are part of the same company. Any money that Song makes, ultimately goes to Delta anyway. That's why they started Song.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                        I am not too crazy about Song (mostly b/c I own stock in JBLU), but I think DL has had a good idea of how to make money fast. I just think that it won't last forever. Once Song expands too much, it will end up replace DL mainline on some routes. This means either that DL will be competing w/ Song or that Song will take over DL. I think song needs to remain the size it is now, and if it expands, it should not expand very fast.
                        I dont see mainline ever "competing" with Song, simply becuase they are two different products for our customers. Song was designed for the leisure traveler and the "snowbirds" between NYC and LAS and Florida, the same as the Shuttle was designed for the business traveller between LGA, BOS and DCA. Song and Mainline routes will overlap in some markets, but FF's will look for mainline for the perks they can get, while the leisure traveler will look for the lowest available fare.

I read a complaint last nite from a frequent flyer that said he will never fly Song again because of his inability for upgrades and the fact he was treated just like everyone else on the plane.

Wayne
                        DFW

Comment

I read a complaint last nite from a frequent flyer that said he will never fly Song again because of his inability for upgrades and the fact he was treated just like everyone else on the plane.
                          Oh my god, treated "just like everyone else"? I think that person should immediately sue DL because he has been treated like ordinary coach cattle .

Btw DeltaFlyer, where did you read that. I'd like to know.

Comment

Re: 1-millionth customer for Song

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                            Oh my god, treated "just like everyone else"? I think that person should immediately sue DL because he has been treated like ordinary coach cattle .

Btw DeltaFlyer, where did you read that. I'd like to know.
                            It is on DeltaNet - if you have access to the company intranet let me know and I will send you the link.

Wayne
                            DFW

Comment

It is on DeltaNet - if you have access to the company intranet let me know and I will send you the link.
                              Unfortunately I don't have access, even though I wish I would
                              And I'm not a guy that hacks himself into it :P .

Comment

Working...
                              X