X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United starts its low cost airline...IN DENVER, Yay! 2004

Got this in my "United News" email, that comes out monthly,

Our low cost operation

We’re pleased to announce more details on our low cost carrier, an operation that will complement our current mainline fleet. The new operation will launch in Denver, during the first quarter of 2004 and will serve predominantly leisure markets with optimal connectivity to other United flights within our network. A more simplified fare structure will provide low-cost business and leisure fare options.

As a Mileage Plus member, you will have the same opportunities you do now to accrue and redeem miles. If you are an elite member, you will enjoy elite recognition on all flights, including the initial routes of Denver to Reno, Ontario (California), Phoenix, New Orleans, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Tampa. Tickets will go on sale in November through all the existing sales channels. Pre-assigned advanced seating on the popular Airbus 320 will be available. Each plane will have 156 seats, including a section of Economy Plus® seating with extra legroom for qualifying customers. See united.com and watch your email for more details, including additional cities served and other initiatives

i hope they do good
    frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

Re:

Hmmm. Now I can see why UAL maybe stubborn in giving up those gates to Frontier. It might want those same gates which it's under-utilizing for it's LCC's ops.

Comment

I wonder what they will decide to name it?
        "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci

My first taste: SFO-SNA, United 757-200 May 10, 1993

Comment

Originally posted by SFO
          I wonder what they will decide to name it?
          As far as I know, the name is supposed to be called "StarFish."
          Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Foxtrot
            Hmmm. Now I can see why UAL maybe stubborn in giving up those gates to Frontier. It might want those same gates which it's under-utilizing for it's LCC's ops.
            the new airline will be useing the A terminal. the part of the A terminal that will be used is the same part that united has UNITED EXPRESS is now at. they are supoesed to switch UA express over to the B terminal and startfish (the new UA carrier) will use the A terminal.
            frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

i do hope UA do good, there in need of a good reliably cash flow!
              Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

HORRIBLE NAME,,,HORRIBLE IDEA,,,DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER SHITTLE BY UNITED? THIS IS A STEP CLOSER TOWARDS LIQUIDATION,,,,,REALLY SAD!!!!!! AND STUPID!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fly4free
                  DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER SHITTLE BY UNITED?
                  No, I can't say I do, I was just out Sunday and saw Shuttle by United planes still flying. don't you remember Song and its success?

HORRIBLE NAME
                  It is a creative name (United Star Alliance, that is what I assume they are relating it to.)

HORRIBLE IDEA
                  don't you remember Song and its success?

THIS IS A STEP CLOSER TOWARDS LIQUIDATION,,,,,REALLY SAD!!!!!! AND STUPID!!!!!!!
                  I believe United has no choice, they have to keep uup with the other airlines.

BTW,,,,,,excessive,,,,,use,,,,,of,,,,commas,,,,!!!!

Comment

sorry that is the worst name ever come on as if they couldnt think of anything better

Comment

Without any change to UAL's coporate culture and organizational structure, not to mention its efficiency, this "low cost" airline won't be as successful financially as UAL wants.

Comment

Its to be called Starfish and United are pulling some 150 aircraft from regular United routes to use on Starfish routes mostly 737's.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
                        View the Darkside

Comment

No, it is going to be 40 aircraft with 150 seats, all A320's.

Comment

Will they be leather and w/ tv's like JBLU and Song (will be)?
                            Any other ideas on where they will fly besides their DEN hub and the cities in the press release? They seem to be avoiding the FLA market.

Comment

I think they are choosing places that are leisure markets(DEN-Skiing). It looks like maybe LAS is where they will go, got that from some friends that work at United.

Comment

Working...
                              X