No announcement yet.

What do you think about Allegiant Air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about Allegiant Air?

So...
    I think Allegiant Air is one of the smartest airlines in the airline industry. They serve underserved, but profitable markets, like DSM, FAT, ICT... I would like to see them expanding a lot in the near future. If they did, what kinds of planes do you think they would fly? I bet they would do well with some MD80's or MD90's that are in the desert now. It would be nice to see them help the 717 program out a little bit, but judging by their size now, the order would be miniscule. I would like to see more flights from medium sized west coast cities and secondary airports (SJC, SAN, OAK, SNA, etc.) to their LAS hub to allow for more connectivity. Maybe they will have regional service too with some ERJ's, CRJ's, and/or DH8's.

Also, has anyone ever flown on them? How is their service?

Thanks!!!

-FlyCharlestonSC

What do you think about Allegiant Air?
    Not much. They served PDX from FAT for a few months with an old DC9 until I think Horizon put CRJ or two on the route and scared them off... Friends of mine flew with them and said it was 'fine'.

Comment

Oh.
      I just think they are strategic, and they have expanded a lot lately, so I thought they were doing well.

Comment

Well... I certainly would agree that their chances of success are much better now that they're flying more from LAS and less from FAT. I think at the beginning they significantly over estimated how much market there was from Fresno. LAS will always be a huge destination, and with National's recent demise there probably is room for more small carriers...

Comment

I just think that if they started service to more California airports, they would have more connecting flights, which would be nice. Also, some CRJ's or other regional airliner to serve smaller places like RNO, TUS, ABQ, BOI, etc. would be helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X