Widebody-only airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
    Also thanks for the input, Crunk415balla, but I was looking at mainline passenger airlines with big fleets. Let's say at least 15 aircraft plus...
    Last I checked Tower Air, Air Transit, and JALways had fleets of 15+ a/c.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      So...

Current: Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Virgin Atlantic, V Australia, Corsair, Air Transat...
      Historic: Qantas, JAL, Air India, UTA... Hmmmmmm - I should have caught LTU as historic widebody operator... *lol...

Good, I learned something or rather was reminded of something

Air Tahiti Nui - aren't they just the international arm of Air Tahiti which also operates ATRs?
      As for Air Asia X - I wouldn't count them. In my opinion this is not a separate airline.

Also thanks for the input, Crunk415balla, but I was looking at mainline passenger airlines with big fleets. Let's say at least 15 aircraft plus...
      Hmm, not sure about JL and AI. AFAIK, JL had DC-8s and 727s in the past which were later replaced by 737s. I'm not sure if there was a gap period where there were no narrowbodies in the JL fleet. But the subsidiaries of JL like JO, and EG never operated any NBs, if I'm not mistaken.

AI at the very least had a subsidiary (Alliance Air?) which operated 732s.

The Taiwanese carriers were at one point widebody-only airlines. EVA only had 767s, MD-11s and 747s in its fleet when it started. The MD-90s came in only when they absorbed a smaller Taiwan carrier.

I don't know what narrow-body China airlines had prior to the current 738s, so they might have been a widebody-only carrier for some time. There was a short time though that it operated A320s. But after this period and before the 738s, I don't think they had any NBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
        Last I checked Tower Air, Air Transit, and JALways had fleets of 15+ a/c.
        Tower Air, however, has been extinct for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post
          Tower Air, however, has been extinct for some time.
          So have Mastodons. Keyword is had.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
            So have Mastodons. Keyword is had.
            Oh the fun that we've had with that before.

Ow you been anyway? PM me as to not distract the kiddies.
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by hikouki View Post
              AI at the very least had a subsidiary (Alliance Air?) which operated 732s.

Alliance Air was an affiliate of Indian Airlines. In this context, AI (prior to the IC merger) could have been considered to be a wide-bodied only airline. The only real change to that classification (on the part of AI prior to the IC merger) was the addition of 737s under the "Air India Express" banner.
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
              X