Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women falls asleep in her seat and kept locked in an airxcraft

The details are a bit scarce in this story

It looks like the flight attendant(s) failed to check all the seats after deboarding.
    But suing the airline?

How do you "lock" the doors?

Comment

Something simply does not sit well with me here;

A cleaning crew eventually roused her, but she was kept locked in the plane until federal officers were satisfied that she was not a terrorist, said the newspaper.
      How is that logical by any means? If she is a 'terror suspect' or an unathorized person - why would you keep her on the plane? Would it not be the very first goal to remove her from the aircraft?

Ginger McGuire, 36, is suing for false imprisonment, infliction of emotional distress and negligence, her attorney Geoffrey Fieger told the U.S. newspaper Detroit Free Press.
      BRILLIANT!!! I understand where and why lawsuits are necessary, but this is just surely rubbish. Well done to you, maam!

As for the F/A that did not properly check his/her aircraft after landing - tisk, tisk, but I am sure that he/she will garner sympathy from peers and the ilk in that we all know what that is like - to be overworked and underpaid. While he/she failed to do something about it, there must have been another failure as well. Does not the captain and/or ground crew check the aircraft as well (if only to account the F/A's check)?>
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by 474218 View Post
        How do you "lock" the doors?
        You can lock the cockpit, but they call the plane secure "locked" sometimes. It's a silly word to use for something you can get out of since it is not really locked.

I can't see the news media using such a word if you cannot really lock a plane. They should have said secure, but some people should have asked why she should have opened the door and wandered the terminal. I hate it when the media does this.

Comment

Surely the F/A gets the spanking on this one, but...

note the time (midnite). Crew was either going home or to the hotel. Dog tired either way. At my airline, it is the F/As who are responsible to ensure the cabin (AND biffies) are EMPTY B4 we get off.

Downsideup

Comment

Working...
          X