Dubai authorities to ban Stage 2 aircraft after March 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai authorities to ban Stage 2 aircraft after March 2012

In a separate initiative, and as part of its corporate social responsibility programme , Dubai Airports, in conjunction with the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, has announced the phased withdrawal of older generation aircraft that do not conform to international noise and emission standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

ICAO classified Chapter 1 and 2 aircraft will be banned from operating cargo flights at Dubai International from October 31this year and passengerflights effective from March 27, 2011 consistent with the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) seasonal schedule change.

In order to ensure that operators are not unreasonably affected, Chapter 1 and 2 aircraft will be allowed to continue operations at Dubai World Central-Al Maktoum International until April 1, 2012.
    TradeArabia News Service
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Since i am not fully aware which models of aircraft does this affect. Id assume it would cover most of the Russian types as well as older Boeings but does it cover DC-10's and the like as well.

Comment

DC-10's are within stage 3 limits. I think this will be the end of the IL-76's. The DC-8-60 srs should also be stage 3 compliant.

Erwin

Comment

Where can we find a reliable list of aircraft types/operators based on their 'stages'?
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

You can't as far as I know.

Here is some more info. But there are also 707's,727's,DC-8's with hush kits so they meet stage 3 noise cat.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
          X