• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gatwick spotting

i have been told that gatwick is really bad for taking photos,
    but is there any where that i can take photos from,

thanks iron

Not that bad, really

I used to think that, but I've had some good luck with LGW recently. Certainly, from the terminal building, its fairly poor.

What you need to do is to go to the Eastern Perimeter Road. Go to the far end of the terminal (the VS check in area). Head right towards the back of the terminal and go down two flights of stairs, to ground level.

Then just walk straight ahead, follow the pavement past the cargo companies and ground equipment parking areas. You'll see the acft come overhead and if 26L is in use, it's as good a place as any to spend a few hours:

I have never been down to the far end, i.e. when 08R is in use, but I understand that there are some fairly good places there as well.

Comment

There are many good photo locations around the airfield but only 1 can be done by public transport (per akerosid's post) and it's only useful for 26L landings (about 80-85% of the year).

Other locations need a car and a pair of legs although it also helps if you know one or two do's and dont's. E-mail me from the link on one of my images for more info.

Paul
      Last edited by HB-IHC; 2010-06-08, 22:20.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

One very big don't is don't park on the verges on the 08L approach. You WILL be moved on and sometimes, if the policeman concerned is in a bad mood (i.e. he didn't get any last night !!), you will get a ticket.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
        X