U.M. Swapping at Delta...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.M. Swapping at Delta...

WOIO TV reports that Delta Airlines accidentally put a girl bound for Cleveland on a Boston flight last night, and stuck a boy bound for Boston on a Cleveland plane.
    Nine-year-old Kieren Krenshaw looked absolutely delighted to be talking into the TV cameras this morning, intoning, "It was just weird. I was like I'm supposed to be at Boston, not Cleveland!"
    Kieren and the unnamed Cleveland girl were both traveling as unaccompanied minors on a flight from Spokane, Washington, through Minneapolis-St. Paul, airline spokesman Paul Skrbec told Yahoo!. At Minneapolis they were "inadvertently boarded on incorrect connecting flights as a result of a paperwork swap," Skrbec said.

Well, to be honest, this is not surprising considering the amount of passengers and UMs that DL handles. Sadly, news media made this a front page article. I have to wonder though, where did and whom failed to stop this from happening.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Paper work error? I thought that they scanned boarding passes to make sure the right people were on the right plane!Plus, the kids , though young, couldn't they realize wtf was going on? I mean, they annouce the gates for departure almost an hour in advance.

This makes me nervous because I'm going to fly Delta soon.

Comment

Working...
    X