Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceland Express

hello,

ICELAND EXPRESS is now flying into LUX, but has to date newer brought in the same plane as on a previous flight.

They offer a direct flight betwwen Luxembourg and New York, so wouldn't it be better to operate directly the 757 into LUX (like on the first flight), ok, they are connecting the 737 to the 757 bound for NY in Keflavik, but wouldn't it be better, so the connection won't take much time (other flights could board then onto the 757 )
    YC

Greets,

7C9
    please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Off topic. but would you mind not posting in this bright colors? And in this funky font? It's hard to read when you combine the 2, especially in a netbook.

Comment

Sorry, but I tried to have the same colours as on the B737-700 of iceland express...

Is it now better?

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

It seems like Iceland Express will be doing what FI did previously when they flew LUX-KEF-JFK, just this time with a change of aircraft and to EWR instead.
        Slightly away from the new service to LUX, does anyone know how much competition there will be now between Iceland express and FI? Just looking at random dates Iceland express OSL-KEF-EWR is £rtnwhere as FI is £818rtn to JFK on the same dates.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by 7C9 View Post
          They offer a direct flight between Luxembourg and New York, so wouldn't it be better to operate directly the 757 into LUX (like on the first flight), ok, they are connecting the 737 to the 757 bound for NY in Keflavik, but wouldn't it be better, so the connection won't take much time (other flights could board then onto the 757)
          Probably the New York flight has passengers connecting not only from Luxembourg, but also from other destinations. Therefor it makes sense for Iceland Express to put the 757 on another route. A route with more (connecting) passengers then Luxembourg can offer. Or a route that needs the additional range of the 757 over the 737.

Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

For me, it would make more sense, if they would fly with the 757 into LUX, because the flight is dependant of the connection, and on that way, the transit wouldn't take that much time!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7C9 View Post
              For me, it would make more sense, if they would fly with the 757 into LUX, because the flight is dependant of the connection, and on that way, the transit wouldn't take that much time!!
              The flight to New York also connects with flights to/from Aalborg, Berlin, Billund, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Krakow, London, Oslo, Reykjavik and Warsaw. What makes Luxembourg special enough that THEY get the direct connection? There are more destinations that are likely to have more (connecting) passengers.
              Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

I didn't know, but I personnaly would see better the 757 in LUX, because of the old tradition, who lastet until JAN 99

Comment

Working...
                X