PW 1000G (GTF) sound!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW 1000G (GTF) sound!!!

Take a look at this video on youtube! If you fast forward to about the 6:30 point and watch from there, Sam Cherry of Bombardier, shows us a comparison of the GTF and CFM during take off! The sound reduction of the GTF versus the CFM is amazing! The CSeries is going to be one seriously quiet aircraft!

In this exclusive private tour arranged for SimpliFlying.com, Bombardier's Sam Cherry takes us deep into what makes the Bombardier CSeries aircraft so attrac...

Also, the CSeries is slated to reach design-freeze next month. According to Bombardier, the aluminum-lithium fuselage test-barrel and the CFRP wing have performed better than expected. They will be taking weight out of the aircraft as a result. This should improve performance even further. I'm hearing rumours now that the CSeries will outperform its estimated 18% to 23% fuel burn reduction... just a rumour though but I hope it does!

It's good to see a Canadian industry being globally competitive in such a tight market. I look forward to taking a ride...........
    Who's on first?..........

Comment

7 minutes into the video is the noise comparision.
      I wonder which GTF aircraft will fly first MRJ or the Bombardier?
      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Working...
      X