Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very dangerous low takeoff at TCNM

Came across this and wow!

The picture shows a aircraft Boeing 737-8BK of the Airline Caribbean Airlines with info or registration 9Y-PBM - &copy by Okke Behm
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Do not mistake the angle of attack with the angle of flight. Often the angle of attack is much steeper than the angle of flight, thus making this takeoff perfectly acceptable. This is a normal reverse pattern takeoff from this location, and that is why it is the 'Mecca' for many spotters out there. To stand on that beach, staring down tons of fast moving airplane, and then feel the blast of jet wash, mixed in with copious amounts of sand...HEAVEN. Only gets better with a 'Heiny' in one hand, and a camera in the other

Comment

Twagenknecht pretty much hit the nail on the head with that statement.

But yes that picture is decieveing but very cool.
      But imagine a 747 taking off that way!
      the 747 will always be superior.

Comment

ummm

[photoid=6213203]

Comment

Well thats more like it! Hehe

Comment

Im sorry for going off topic but this is really annoying me at the moment, can anybody tell me where to copy and my paste my signature banner with the link to my photos on it so It shows on the forums? Im really confused, I designed it and I have the link ready im just not sure where to go in my forum profile to do that. Help would be great, sorry for going off topic :/

Comment

User CP -> settings and options (on the left) ->Edit signature
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Ugh I keep getting the name error message that says: "Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 including BB code markup". I dont understand lol.

Comment

Just getting back to the topic again, that 737 does look very low, given that it was departing from a 7,400' runway (I'm assuming it used full length) and while I know the temperature there is probably quite high (30 degrees plus), one would expect a 737 to take off within about 5,000' - and this guy looks like he used almost the full length. Caribbean Airlines operate from SXM to Port of Spain and Barbados, neither of which are very long flights, so it is strange that the takeoff is so long.

One other factor is the flap setting; this looks like a very low flap setting - five or ten degrees, no more, which will add to the takeoff distance.

Comment

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
                    One other factor is the flap setting; this looks like a very low flap setting - five or ten degrees, no more, which will add to the takeoff distance.
                    737 takeoffs usually are flap 5, even out of St. Maarten - Maybe he departed from the first turning point rather than taxiing down to the end of the runway or it could well be a heavily de-rated takeoff.

Comment

Much lower (shockingly so, imo)!

The CO video is a definite case of showboating. De-rated or not, there's no reason for a 737 (-700, no less) to perform like that going off a 7000ft runway at sea level.
                      Trump is an idiot!
                      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I basically just liked this photo btw and that 744 wow!! The CO was dangerous all right! What a great place sigh
                        Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Working...
                        X