X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q400freighter

Hello.

Why is there only one Q400freighter?

What would it costto convert one ofthe cn/4010-4090 built?

replies are welcome!
    please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

There is a Q400 freighter?

And if it was economically viable, I'm sure you would see more.

Comment

yes, there is one.

But, what are the prices?

It doesn't flyes actually

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

Originally posted by 7C9 View Post
        yes, there is one.

But, what are the prices?

It doesn't flyes actually
        I have no idea what the prices are, but I am guessing the hull value is too high for them to be successful as a freighter, when there are much cheaper alternatives out there.

And you are saying the one Q400 freighter out there doesn't actually fly?

Comment

I don't know really, but it seems to be!

Do you know a better alternative for it, (Atr, ok, but others,...)

7C9

Comment

There is one that belonged to Nord-Flyg in Sweden. The company have not gone bust.

It´s an old SAS bird

Have you ever seen a Q400 freighter before?. SE-LSM. Bombardier Dash 8-Q402(F). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!
            Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Originally posted by 7C9 View Post
              Do you know a better alternative for it, (Atr, ok, but others,...)
              At the moment the cargo market for planes the size of the DHC-8 is mostly filled by old F27s, BAe ATPs and 146s. Obviously there are also a lot of Antonovs flying around which perform quite well.

The near future is probably for converted F50s. The first few have already been converted. There are a lot of F50s available on the market with KLM Cityhopper, Malaysian, Ethiopian and others retiring their fleets. In spite of its age the F50 is still a very reliable and economical aircraft that also meets all current and expected noise regulations. Early model ATRs will also increasingly find their way to cargo operators, but the newer 500 series probably won´t anytime soon.

Longer term the DHC-8 and ´500 series ATR will definately be converted into cargo planes. But for now they are too expensive and will remain with passenger airlines.
              Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Longer term the DHC-8 and ´500 series ATR will definately be converted into cargo planes. But for now they are too expensive and will remain with passenger airlines.[/quote]

Yep the main reason this freighter exists is more to do with the fact that very few airlines wanted to take the aircraft off SAS after the trouble that SAS had with its DH8D's. The value of them was therefore dropped so they were a bargain for the cargo market. Looks very nice and hope to see more of these in the future

Comment

Working...
                X