Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding out Aircraft Registrations before your Flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding out Aircraft Registrations before your Flight?

Hi everyone,

Next Friday (3rd December) I am flying SYD-KUL-CDG on MH and I would like to know if there is anyway of finding the registration of the aircraft I will be flying on?

Thanks,

badboys777
    "A pilot lives in a world of perfection or does not live at all."

Flights are not usually assigned specific fins until about 3 days before operating. After that the System Operations department may change the aircraft based on mechanicals, weather or changes in load.
    Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

The only certain way is to take a look just before you board. If you cannot see the aircraft before boarding then ask a cabin crew member. They will be happy to give the information.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by badboys777 View Post
        hi everyone,

next friday (3rd december) i am flying syd-kul-cdg on mh and i would like to know if there is anyway of finding the registration of the aircraft i will be flying on?

Thanks,

badboys777
        vh-omg.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post
          vh-omg.
          *lol... Well - since the flights aren't on Qantas but Malaysia Airlines, I am certain the reg will start with 9M-

Anyway - I am wondering why one would want to know a reg in advance of travelling on the plane?

Comment

[quote=Peter Kesternich;566330Anyway - I am wondering why one would want to know a reg in advance of travelling on the plane?[/quote]

So they can look up pictures on JP.net?

Sometimes you just have to wait as you never know what other factors will require an aircraft change.
            Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
              *lol... Well - since the flights aren't on Qantas but Malaysia Airlines, I am certain the reg will start with 9M-

Anyway - I am wondering why one would want to know a reg in advance of travelling on the plane?
              Supposing you're going to Brasil and you find out you're on an aircraft reg PP-CCK. Would you get on it?

Comment

Is there any such website or something that says the Registration on inbound or outbound flights? Such as flightaware?
                the 747 will always be superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post
                  Supposing you're going to Brasil and you find out you're on an aircraft reg PP-CCK. Would you get on it?
                  Hmmmm - according to airfleets.net, there is no airliner registered PP-CCK. Not being a native speaker of English the signficance is lost on me... Maybe you can explain some time, Curtis.

Comment

I don't know if it's a widespread practice with other airlines, but on WN they have the aircraft registration affixed on the front cabin bulkhead near the exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                      Hmmmm - according to airfleets.net, there is no airliner registered PP-CCK. Not being a native speaker of English the signficance is lost on me... Maybe you can explain some time, Curtis.
                      No need for false modesty, Peter. It will come to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X