Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta's Rampies reject unionization.

From Air Transport World;

Delta Air Lines said it was notified by the National Mediation Board that its below-wing Airport Customer Service and Cargo warehouse employees rejected representation by the International Association of Machinists, which had sought to organize the workers (ATW Daily News, Oct. 11). Of 10,593 votes cast, 5,569 were against unionization and 4,909 were in favor with 115 "write-in and silent votes," Delta said. There were 13,104 eligible voters.
    "Once again Delta people have clearly stated their preference for working directly with their leaders to make Delta a great place to work for all employees and the global airline of choice for our customers," Executive VP-HR and Labor Relations Mike Campbell said in a statement.
    Earlier this month, Delta cabin staff rejected representation by the Assn. of Flight Attendants, which is expected to challenge the results of the election to NMB (ATW Daily News, Nov. 4). Results for the organizing election involving Reservations Sales and customer-facing airport and cargo agents will be announced Dec. 7. Results for the vote involving stock clerks and supply attendant employees will be announced Nov. 22.
    Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

GOOD CHOICE! I worked for an airline for 10 years represented by the IAMAW and all they do is protect the stupid and the lazy, I was laid off almost 3 years ago and still have not even had an arbitration hearing despite filling four separate grievances, and never have the union initiated any contact with me, all they are interested in are your union dues, good move Delta....$#@% em.

Comment

I have to agree with you Juan. I worked for a company for 16 years and the IAMAW was our Union. They were pathetic and the doggers just kept messing up and got away with it. But then the Managers needed to grow some gonads and use the union book to their advantage too. Too many managers are afraid of the Union when there are ways to work together and get rid of the bad employees.
      Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

unfortunately because of the new Union controlled NMB (Obama put two former union pres on the board - one of whom is former AFA prez) there will most likely be a re-vote in all of our elections...just like in the Simulator Techs election back in the summer...

I am so sick of all of this crap, the unions hold all the cards and the employees and Delta are left swinging in the breeze by the noose that the IAM and AFA has placed around our necks...the employees are ready for this to be over with and alot of the union supporters have said they will be voting no in the revotes...

yes, the AFA/IAM can keep filing interference charges as long as the NMB allows them too...this could be dragging on for months and months...so we are all bracing for more phone calls and home visits from the IAM cronies...

The interference that the IAM/AFA is total bullcrap, but they are seeing major cash flow jumping out the window and they are grasping at straws...

if anything the AFA/IAM has been pulling interference...

Comment

Working...
        X