Easyjet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easyjet

I have just read on a.net that U2 is getting 15 more A320's which will bring their total to 70 I beleive, and i was wondering, well i was wondering quite a lot.
    1. Do you think they will start routes such as Beirut, Tunis, Baghdad, Damascus etc with the new A320's
    2. Do you think they will start more medium haul (Canaries, Greece, Egypt) from UK regionals, NCL, BFS, BRS, GLA, EDI, LPL.
    3. what is the range of their A319's, i beleive they go to FNC sometimes.
    4. will they expand from ABZ, BHX, LBA.
    5. will they move west, Iceland, eastern seaboard USA, Greenland

I would imagine that some of these A320's will be used to replace any A321's left over and add capacity on high yield routes. Some may also be used for further expansion from airports mentioned but i also think that Manchester and Gatwick will see more of these A320s based.

Comment

EZY do indeed fly regularly to FNC, I've flown there 3 times with them now. It's only around 1500 miles away from London though which is in very easy reach for an A319 so no range issues there. I'd be very happy to see them expand out of LBA as that's my local, no idea whether they will or not but I'd like to see it personally!
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by EKA380 View Post
        I have just read on a.net that U2 is getting 15 more A320's which will bring their total to 70 I beleive, and i was wondering, well i was wondering quite a lot.
        1. Do you think they will start routes such as Beirut, Tunis, Baghdad, Damascus etc with the new A320's
        Beirut and Tunis possibly, Damascus probably not, Baghdad not for the next 5 years in all likelihood (given the political situation).

2. Do you think they will start more medium haul (Canaries, Greece, Egypt) from UK regionals, NCL, BFS, BRS, GLA, EDI, LPL.
        Hard to say what will happen, except that EasyJet is still set for expansion.

3. what is the range of their A319's, i beleive they go to FNC sometimes.
        A319s generally have a somewhat longer range than the A320s depending on configurations. Check Airbus' website for detailed information.

4. will they expand from ABZ, BHX, LBA.
        Again, hard to say what will happen, except that EasyJet is still set for expansion.

5. will they move west, Iceland, eastern seaboard USA, Greenland
        Iceland - maybe, but the tourist market there is rather slim and not generally the kind of people who choose to fly EasyJet. Eastern US - would really surprise me, but then they might decide to come up with an emulation of AirAsiaX and set up EasyJetX, though I doubt this is going to happen. Competition on the North Atlantic is tough as it is and I can't imagine it will work well for a no-frills airline. Greenland??? What on Earth would an airline like EasyJet be doing there? I could imagine that even SAS only fly there because of government subsidies.

Comment

On Middle Eastern destinations, I think easyJet have announced (or soon will) Gatwick to Amman. Beirut is not impossible in the future (from Gatwick). They already fly to Tel Aviv and of course do some tourist destinations like Sharm el-Sheikh.

On Iceland, no real chance. Go did it 10 or so years ago to utilize an aircraft overnight, but it did not work. Go, of course, was eventually acquired by easyJet in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
            EZY do indeed fly regularly to FNC, I've flown there 3 times with them now. It's only around 1500 miles away from London though which is in very easy reach for an A319 so no range issues there. I'd be very happy to see them expand out of LBA as that's my local, no idea whether they will or not but I'd like to see it personally!
            Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
            A319s generally have a somewhat longer range than the A320s depending on configurations. Check Airbus' website for detailed information.
            Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
            I would imagine that some of these A320's will be used to replace any A321's left over and add capacity on high yield routes. Some may also be used for further expansion from airports mentioned but i also think that Manchester and Gatwick will see more of these A320s based.
            but U2's A319's have no centre tank and the range is greatly reduced so FNC will be stretching them i think, on a.net they said 3.5 hours max.

I know LGW/MAN are going to get more A320's and I was mainly talking about LGW for the middle east.

@PMN, what about Jet2?????????? (that could be why EZY dont fly to LBA, but then Flylo opened a base at LBA in march)

Comment

but U2's A319's have no centre tank and the range is greatly reduced so FNC will be stretching them i think, on a.net they said 3.5 hours max.
              Hi,

why do you think they have no centre tank? Indeed they have a centre tank, a few friends of me fly there and I have also flown a few times on the jump in EZY A319s.
              I can show a photo to confirm .

The range of the A319s of EZY is the same like on other "normal" A319s, around 3700 NM.

Greets,
              Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by patrickphs View Post

I know LGW/MAN are going to get more A320's and I was mainly talking about LGW for the middle east.

@PMN, what about Jet2?????????? (that could be why EZY dont fly to LBA, but then Flylo opened a base at LBA in march)
                Hi,

why do you think they have no centre tank? Indeed they have a centre tank, a few friends of me fly there and I have also flown a few times on the jump in EZY A319s.
                I can show a photo to confirm .

The range of the A319s of EZY is the same like on other "normal" A319s, around 3700 NM.

Greets,
                Patrick
                See, I knew this here was a more knowledgable site than a.net... *lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                  See, I knew this here was a more knowledgable site than a.net... *lol...
                  hahaha I was going to give a similar answer. Do you go on "a.net" and say "I read this on JetPhotos"?
                  Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

oh well, i dont know. but i have heard it on more websites than a.net

Comment

Hi,

this was taken on G-EZFE, of course the shot is blurry but it should be readable : CTR TK FEEDG

Personnally I couldn't think of any advantage when ordering an A319 without centre tank. If you don't need it, just keep it empty, but that's the way it's done every day.

Greets,
                      Patrick

Comment

EasyJet carrys the most pax on the A319 compared to any other airline. They also have a lower MTOW I believe (68t) - They can carry just under 20,000kg fuel so they do have a centre tank as patrickphs says.

Comment

Originally posted by ACheck View Post
                          hahaha I was going to give a similar answer. Do you go on "a.net" and say "I read this on JetPhotos"?
                          *lol... I read the forums at a.net, too (although I don't post anything there), and I never came across this kind of remark. Anyway - I think it's quite nice to know that people turn to us to verify and get more info on what they read on a.net

Comment

oohh well, so they could fly MAN-ORD IF they wanted to which they wont and dont.

Comment

oohh well, so they could fly MAN-ORD IF they wanted to which they wont and dont.
                              They don't... But you, EKA380, were the one asking whether they might do anything like this...

Comment

Working...
                              X