Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad

I like to read techie sites online. Just on Komando.com, I see this:

There are plenty of iPad apps to help drivers with navigation and roadside assistance. But you probably wouldn't imagine that there are apps to help pilots. In truth, The iPad is a valuable tool for pilots. In fact, the iCub aircraft incorporates an iPad in its instrument panel. The iPad includes a number of apps to help pilots

Anybody ever done this or heard of it done? After that airliner overshot its destination, any kind of computing device in the cockpit smells like danger, but maybe it all hinges on use of judgment.

It depends what restrictions there are on its use.

Similar devices (usually in the form of laptops, or built in devices are already in use in the "less paper cockpit" for checklists, takeoff performance calculation etc. All very common.

Definately don't want to allow youtube or facebook though

Comment

Many flight departments are starting to use iPad's for all their manuals and Jepp charts. I believe there is at least one airline that is starting to transition to them as well, or at least starting a trial. As with anything on the flight deck, be it a newspaper or an iPad, a professional crew will not allow it to distract them to the point they fly by their destination.

Comment

Working...
      X