Mesa Air facing ACA lawsuit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Air facing ACA lawsuit!

Wow looks like Atlantic Coast Airlines is filing a lawsuit against Mesa Airlines..

Atlantic Coast Airlines files lawsuit against Mesa Air

Dawn Gilbertson
    The Arizona Republic
    Oct. 29, 2003 12:00 AM

The regional airline Mesa Air Group Inc. is trying to buy filed a lawsuit against the Phoenix-based company Tuesday, accusing it of violating securities laws with false and misleading statements and omissions.

Atlantic Coast Airlines Holdings Inc., in a complaint filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, said that Mesa failed to disclose that United Airlines is an undisclosed backer of Mesa's takeover efforts. It also alleges insider trading by Mesa executives before the takeover attempt and criticizes Mesa's board of directors for self-dealing and lack of independence.

Mesa Air spokesman Tim Payne said the move was not unexpected. "It's a desperate attempt to prevent us from putting our compelling case to shareholders," Payne said.

It is the latest volley in a $512 million hostile takeover bid begun earlier this month. Atlantic Coast has been uninterested in the deal from the start, and last week its board of directors officially said it will not pursue Mesa's proposal.

The Dulles, Va., airline wants to remain independent and continue its plans of becoming a low-fare airline.

Mesa, best known locally as America West Express, also flies for United in certain cities. Last week, it rankled Atlantic Coast by saying it was talking to United about taking over its routes.

The company is proceeding with its takeover bid and, with regulatory approval, plans to ask Atlantic shareholders to vote in a proposed new board of directors who favor the bid.

Tell me what you think about this! Personaly i like ACA better than Mesa. so Mesa.. ACA
    This is FrontierFlyer (had to change my name)

HOMESTAR is my homedawg.

No one?!?!?

No one has anything to say? o well

This is FrontierFlyer (had to change my name)

HOMESTAR is my homedawg.

Comment

Working...
    X