Remembering your flight number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering your flight number

Okay, possibly a stupid question, but nobody ever accused me of being smart, so here we go. How do pilots who fly multiple flights a day remember their flight numbers for their current flights? Not being able to reference your flight number right away could make flying in busy airspace pretty difficult as it would take longer respond to a radio call. Thanks in advance.

Well, it's easy... they write notes.

Pilots make extensive use of notes. They have a clip on the yoke where they hang anotations (also the ones given by ATC or ATIS).

Even though, however, and after many years listening to such conversations, they still forget sometimes about that number, and their answers to, for example "IB 3966, after the VOR descend to 4000 ft with QNH 1021 and reduce to IAS 230" can be of the kind "after the VOR 4000 on 1021 and 230, Iberiaaaa.... eh... 3966"

No problem, though.

Happy turbulences!!!

Comment

turbulence has it. We give them lots of paper and circle/highlight the flight numbers etc.

They aren't the only ones to forget. Here in Ops Control we sometimes lose track of the numbers too. AC has only 600 odd flights a day, but we are sometimes involved with JAZZ and ZIP flights. It can get confusing.

I've been on more than one flight where the crew has given the pax the wrong flight number and even the wrong destination.

Comment

Double post....
        Bite me Airways.....

Comment

I fly 3 different aircraft and cross the numbers up all the time. I even cross up whether I'm in a Learjet, Sabreliner, or using Lifeguard. Both Learjets end with "SC". It especially gets bad when tired...

BTW. Any kind of question along those lines is never stupid.
          Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Working...
          X