• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o hare or jfk or atlanta

whats yr pick anbd comment please

What do you mean?

In terms of what?

Please readdress the question with a little bit more detail.

If i had to pick one it would be JFK since there are so many different airlines flying there!! Lots of airlines you can't see anywhere else in the US!

-Pete
    Pete Ganabathi
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

o hare or jfk or atlanta

I don't understand what the question is, but picking an airport from these thre it's ATL. It has the best terminal/runway layout in the US, a whole lot of connecting opportunities and thanks to FL's competition, reasonable ticket prices on DL, although the variety in airlines can be considered rather boring.

Comment

From a pilots standpoint, Atlanta. Taxiing around JFK or ORD is a pain in the ass, and you end up getting taxi clearances that sound more like a full route clearance around the world. ATL is laid out very well for ground ops.

Flying into any of them is about the same, just more delays going into JFK due to EWR and LGA among the other airports up there. An arrival is an arrival.... Except the Korry 2.
        Bite me Airways.....

Comment

I have flown into and out of ATL numerous times (my home airport), and have flown in and out of JFK once, and comparing the two, ATL wins hands down. The layout of the airport is simple (I still can't see how people have trouble getting around ATL, the layout is so simple, even a child can figure it out), and one big advantage is no isolated hard stands. The one time I flew into JFK, we had to deplane using mobile lounges (Delta's gates couldn't fit a 777), which is a pain in the neck. JFK's layout is of an older school of airport design, while ATL ushered a new age of design, as many airports followed the ATL layout in the years after the Midfield Complex opened. JFK's terminal set up is a hassle, especially if you are connecting onto or off of an international flight. I really cannot comment on ORD, as I have never flown into there.

Comment

ORD: Never been there..

JFK: Been there.
            PROS Good Variety (International and Domestic Airlines)

CONS Very Dirty and piss poor Concourses, very confusing connections between concourses, overcrowded, Friendly people... yeah right

ATL: Been there.
            PROS Very good concourse layout, plenty of shops to entertain during long layovers, Always 2 aircraft on short final when you look out the concourse window, Easy to drive out of the airport and get on your way to Atlanta, DELTA Headquarters

CONS Not enough International Airlines (in my mind ), you can spend a long time taxiing during the rushes.

DeltaASA16

Comment

Working...
            X