2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions

Del 04/98. My seat on the upper deck. Have a look out of the window, you will see the tail of a Lan Chile A340 - Photo taken at Frankfurt am Main (Rhein-Main AB) (FRA / EDDF / FRF) in Germany on September 18, 2003.

on this photo, what is with the windows? are all of them misalligned, I have never noticed this. Also, what kind of aircraft is this?

No the windows are not misaligned, there is a front panel window that is perpendicular to the fuselage. So it looks like that in the shot.

By the way the name and type of aircraft is clearly slated in the picture. I think it is Polish in origin if i'm not mistaken.

This kind of plane is mainly used in the agricultural industry for tasks such as crop dusting.

-Pete
    Pete Ganabathi
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

That crop duster is Polish. Check out the prop though. At first I thought it had the same engine as an AN-2, but the prop turns the wrong way for that. Russian piston and turboprop engines turn the opposite way from ours. That looks like a Pratt R-985. Same as on a Beech 18.
      Bite me Airways.....

Comment

well, it's a PZL M18A (DOH!).

It's indeed a crop duster and designed like that.
        The large windows and their position are designed to give the pilot good visibility while using cheap non-curved windows with only straight (so easy to cut) edges.
        Far easier to build and repair (also in the field where special tools are often unavailable but glass for building windows is) than special design windows.

Comment

Remember the "Agwagons" built in the States? The Soviet block produced a similar acft, like the one shown here.

Comment

Working...
          X