Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Tran Survey-Manatee County comes in second.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Tran Survey-Manatee County comes in second.

Recently, Manatee County ranked second in the online Air Tran survey for its next city. Here's the link:

We are delighted to announce that on February 6 2023 travel-easier.com acquired californiaaviation.org which was the domain for the California Aviation

If Air Tran alwready serves your city, I ask you PELASE vote for CHS. The fares here are so high!

Comment

I hear that Knoxville, TN is in the number one spot!

I voted for Erie, PA....you know me!

-Pete
      Pete Ganabathi
      Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Woo, I love Sarasota! I have flown in there on teeny-tiny planes!
        I walked across an empty land
        I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
        I felt the earth beneath my feet
        Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

I voted for CHS 3 times

Comment

Jeez... Sarasota.....

Its true that most of their mainline service is gone...

Down to DL with 737-800's right now.. This summer they were flying 57s in there.

US with 737s, ATA running a decent amount of flights in there

CO with one to EWR

and Cape Air.

This airport used to get L1011s back in the days.

The problem I have is its proximity to TPA. It's about an hour and a half up there, and you have your choice between virtually every airline in the country.

TYS, not a bad choice, but can you guys really support it? I suppose with UT being there, you probably could. CHS is also not a bad choice since there's not much else around there. HSV, also not a bad choice. BNA, no way... Too much WN. BHM, too close to ATL, and too much WN.

Sarasota folks need to stop bitching. They don't know how good they've got it. I've spent a lot of time in this area of Florida, and flying out of SRQ next week. There's plenty of choices in that region.
            Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Its true that most of their mainline service is gone...

Down to DL with 737-800's right now.. This summer they were flying 57s in there.

US with 737s, ATA running a decent amount of flights in there

CO with one to EWR
              CHS is down to DL MD88's & CRJ's
              US 733's, CRJ's, ERJ's, D38's, and BE1's
              NW CRJ's and ARJ's
              CO ERJ's

MYR is farther from CHS than TPA is from SRQ.

TYS, not a bad choice, but can you guys really support it?
              Air Tran flew there at one point w/ 737-200's. Except for football weekends, they avereaged about 30 people a flight. JetConnect would be good at TYS and TRI.

Comment

I forgot UAL CRJ's

Comment

Yep. Air Tran was in here years ago with 737s also. I think they did a little better than that though.

HSV had worked out a deal with Valujet to fly here. It didn't get started due to the shutdown.

BTW: At Huntsville, we're down to just AA and DL with MD80s and 737s.
                  USAir, Coex, and Airlink fly in the RJs. All except CO were once mainline. Also had UA here at one point.
                  Bite me Airways.....

Comment

HSV had worked out a deal with Valujet to fly here. It didn't get started due to the shutdown.

BTW: At Huntsville, we're down to just AA and DL with MD80s and 737s.
                    USAir, Coex, and Airlink fly in the RJs. All except CO were once mainline. Also had UA here at one point.
                    What's the population of Huntsville?

CHS is about 750,000 people, but is the closest commerical airport to about 875,000 people. Also, we're a tourist destination.

Yep. Air Tran was in here years ago with 737s also. I think they did a little better than that though.
                    You could be right, but that's what I heard on a.net.

If Air Tran wants to go to Alabama, they should try HSV. WN is in BHM, and MOB is close to PNS. If MOB wants FL, they should make an effort to get them, like CHS. Please visit www.flycharleston.com

Comment

Not totally sure what the population is here.
                      The airport handles roughly 1 million a year. MANY travellers drive to either BHM or BNA to fly out on WN. If we had Air Tran, I would say the number of pax here would rise a bunch.

Some of the companies here even send there employees to those two other airports to fly out. It's absolutely pitiful!
                      Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Same here!
                        I read that CHS looses half of its potential travellers to SAV and ESPECIALLY MYR!!!!

If DL can fill 757's while we are loosing 1/2 of our customers, imagine what Air Tran can do!

Comment

Working...
                        X