Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever flown in a tail dragger?

Ever flown in a tail dragger?

Or – better yet - have you ever flown one yourself?

I have flown in a tail dragger as a passenger – several years ago from Phoenix to Prescott in a C-47 (similar to a DC-3). The plane belonged to my friend’s late stepfather. On Thanksgiving Day, my friend and I flew Continental IAH-PHX, were met by his mother and step father then given a ride to a GA area.

IAH-PHX on CO then PHX-PRC on a C-47. That was the oddest and most memorable connection I ever made.

I’d love to fly a tail dragger myself some time. How ‘bout you?
    JR FlyingTexan

What is a tail dragger. (i know i must seem really dumb)
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

An airplane that drags it's tail while on the ground. Like a DC-3 or a Piper Cub. That last photo has to be a model!

I flew a few DC-3s in my life. The best one was with two pilots, five PAXs and my 1992 Ford Taurus on board. Talk about being a carry-on hog!

That flight was a Military charter and they paid to have my POV to be transported to Nome, Alaska. I spent six long months being a cop in Nome. It was sure cold!

Also I flew on a C-152 with my old employee and I started to fly asleep on his airplane. He wook me up and said "Michael stay awake you need to watch for trees!" It was night and raining. I told him to land and I rented a car to get back. I had enough! This same pilot was the same person who rolled his car into mine. He left his 300ZX in Neutral and the brake was off. Do pilots have checklist for their cars? Just wondering.

Comment

I was lucky enough to fly this one. Very nice, lots of fun.

Photo taken at the Lachute Airport Fly-In.. CF-TCC. Lockheed 10A Electra. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

I have flown in a DC 3 quite a few times, both at Perris Valley,Ca, and the Canadian Warplane Heritage DC 3 from Hamilton. Never have landed with one however, as I jumped out everytime for little freefall.
          ________
          Milf Boobs

Comment

I have fown on a Beech 18. The plane had been flown out of the Pacific in 1942 and had received some bullet holes but in Summer 2001 when I flew on it the holes were patched.

Comment

Also forgot C-180 (C-FNZY) and Beech 18 as well, both jump planes. The latter was scary, we had to stop traffic on a country road and lower a fence on take off the plane used so much of the runway!
              ________
              How To Roll Blunts

Comment

Working...
              X