"Boycott Delta"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Boycott Delta"

There's a campaign currently going on to boycott Delta Airlines, a Skyteam Alliance member.

Here's the reason why.

Starting later this month, Delta passengers will be asked a lot more than ‘window or aisle’, or whether you want that ‘special meal’. Delta wants to know more: a lot more. As a pilot test of a new Orwellian airline ‘security’ program, Delta will be running background checks on anyone who flies Delta from one of three as-yet undisclosed airports.
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

As much as I support security to make the industry safe, from what I have read from their own press releases they will do inquiries into such things as your credit record as well as financial reports, so I feel they have gone too far in some respects.

Is there a organized boycott Jim1126?

Comment

I'm not sure the in-depth of this boycott campaign. I was browsing Flyertalk and found this post.

Need to take some time to read it more.

But I really don't think such act should be approved.
      Airline Route News
      Airline Route Map Drawings

Comment

Well, I guess I am going to fly FL up to MDW for my cousin's wedding now! That goes way too far........

Comment

Hmmm...isn't it amusing that most of the time the radical protestors are also the ones who scream when the economic numbers go down or if the NYSE loses a couple points. Boycotting Delta will not only damage Delta financially but it will also damage the U.S. and ultimately the world economy. Airlines are formed to provide a service to people. if those people do measures that deep-six the airline they better count on sitting in more larger traffic jams on the highway. Aviation security has been an issue since the first bum wondered onto airport grounds, but there is no set proven criteria that works 100% of the time and the only way to get new security measures is by trying new ones. Also the website isn't the entire story. I'm sure that they omitted some facts to make their point. Everyone does it when they have a point to make. it isn't always intentional but it always happens. These are just my thoughts.

Comment

Background Checks? Come on, these good passengers are contributing to Delta by flying them. Why must Delta do checks on them as if they are crooks? Again, it's that whole terrorist paranoia deal I suppose.

Comment

Yes, they don't want news images of a plane of theirs hitting anything. Look how it has affected UA and AA.

Comment

I think the boycott is kind of stupid. If the passengers got nothing to hide, then why should they be boycotting??? Delta's just trying to make their airline a little bit safer. That's my opinion
                My Pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                  Yes, they don't want news images of a plane of theirs hitting anything. Look how it has affected UA and AA.
                  Yea, there is no mistake what Country "American Airlines" and "United Airlines" are from.

I notice Atta et al did not hijack Southwest Airlines - all those people with $39.00 tickets to Detroit. Everybody got a knife.
                  JR FlyingTexan

Comment

I am no conspiracy theory devotee – I just don’t like the idea of running a credit check every time I need to go to Greensboro.

I am not planning on avoiding Delta specifically for this reason (I don’t fly them that often anyhow).
                    JR FlyingTexan

Comment

Working...
                    X