New Canadian B747 Cargo operator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Canadian B747 Cargo operator

Service air group based in Vancouver, is starting its Cargo operation with 3 B747-200F this year.Does any one have any information regarding this group? their history and future plans?

Good to hear! I hope they take advantage of YEG's endless amounts of space to locate their "hub". Then again it would be nice if they just flew to Edmonton every once in a while, period.

Comment

Anyone know where the aircraft are coming from....Who has 742F's around? I am guessing that all of ACC's (Air Canada Cargo) aircraft were combi's but correct me if i am wrong.....Is there some over seas carriers getting rid of some?

Grant

Comment

Yes, you are correct. Air canada cargo had 3 B747-200 combi's which were retired from service in 1999.

Comment

BUT....

The website does say that they transfer passengers as well....do you think that the combi's would be a good choice....or is AC going to start up their Cargo division again....like the rumours that seem to be floating around....and remember RUMOURS?

Grant

Comment

No, i dont think they are the Air Canada combi's, otherwise the website would have specificaly mentioned the type.I guess they are getting the freighters from elsewhere.

Comment

There airlines Operations Manager has reported that, their B747F operation will start end of May 2003, and future expansion will take them to Toronto as well.

Comment

Working...
              X